Kaiserbach Knives - Any Info?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chef_william

Assistant Cook
My uncles just bought me some knives by a company called kaiserbach - 8 knives and a steel for £200.

They had a label on them for 600euro, which is about £400 (Not sure in USD) so i would seem he got them for a good price Its probaly worth mentioning he got them from a friend who runs his local cook shop, so he wont have been ripped off lol! Just wonder if anyone has any experience with this brand of knife, or knows anything about them? They look similar to global knives, though as the below pics show they are not immiations: -

Photo521.jpg

Any info would be apprecated :chef:

Wow, Chef William, what nice uncles! I'm thinking your knives look almost exactly like the Global knives I've been lusting after. Of course, you must have tried them by now - tell us what you think. Do they feel wonderful in your hand? Are they razor sharp?

Wow, Chef William, what nice uncles! I'm thinking your knives look almost exactly like the Global knives I've been lusting after. Of course, you must have tried them by now - tell us what you think. Do they feel wonderful in your hand? Are they razor sharp?

My sisters collecting them for me tonigh - the pic above was one he sent me via MMS, so im yet to get my hands on them! Ill have aplay with them tomorrow & let you all know how i get on......

I was fooling myself to think these knives were ever good having never really used a truly good knife........

See my last post for info! (p.2)

Last edited:
One of the simple test for a quality of a knife is to hit the back of the knife with another good knife (the back side obviously). The proparly heat treated metal will not yeld and will not leave a dent mark. The softer metal will have a dent.

CharlieD, that is true when knives have a full tempered blade.

Some brands prefer to temper only the part of the blade that cuts, to avoid having a blade too stiff/brittle. This is called differential hardening or heat treating.
If you do your test in one of these heat treated knives you will also end up with a dent.

The manufacturer should be able to advise about the type of treatment the blade received.

Sleeky

Hi
I have just been scamed today by the kaiserbach salesman. I bought a set of knives and saucepans.
When I got home I checked on the website and the site is fake and they are really made in China. There is no such make and are made up to fool the public.
They are poor quality and the handels come loose when washed.
The knives can not be sharpened as they they bend so I feel such a fool for parting with my money.
I hope everyone takes heed as I found out from Trading standards that this is a worldwide scam.
:(

Figures...

On further use the balance is bad, blades blunt quikly, the'ping' when you tap them on the side, the ham slicer which is flexible has bent without use...

The steel is awful... steer clear by all means. Clearly my uncle was mugged off, but i dont have the heart to even think of telling him! £200 could have bought a full set of victorinox knives (which i now use) and still would have left me with plenty of change!

I reccomend victorinox all day long - wel priced, well balanced, great grip, superb range, the edge stays sarp for a very long time and are very easy to sharpen. 10/10 imo :)

So frustrating to think how £200 could have been so much better spent :(

Last edited by a moderator:
That sucks! I hate to see anyone get scammed. I wouldn't have the heart to tell him, either. Just keep 'em in a drawer and take them out when he comes over.;)

I'm not sure what the prices are like in England but here in the US you could have bought Wusthofs or Henckels for that price! Or as you said, a lot of Fibrox knifes. The Victorinox Forshcner Fibrox line is one of the great bargains of the cutler world. A local shop here sells the 8" Fibrox chef knife for $20. There isn't much competition at that price.

chef william and sleeky,
Sorry to hear that, It is a real shame. Perhaps reporting the issue to the authorities will help catch the scammer. Same as chef william, I recommend Victorinox knives.
For the price and quality, they are a bargain.

IF they are genuine, then they are brilliant knives and pans, I have a set of pans cant afford the knoves yet though., I need a book if any one has one, the manual that comes with the pans.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom