Knife set under $200

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jazz Fan

Assistant Cook
hello all,

My wife is looking to buy me a decent knife set for Xmas for a price range under $200. I'm looking for some ideas of sets to look at. I would like ideas of the best allround value when it comes to the knifes especially keeping sharp. I would also like not to have to buy another set in a couple years as I have with my current Chicago Cutlery. I prefer a somewhat heavy knife with larger handles. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

J

Hello and welcome to DC. When buying knives I usually research all the different types and as far as money goes you get what you pay for. $200 sounds like a reasonable price for a set of knives and good luck with your research.

Jazz (welcome to DC:) ),

I'm picking GOOD knives up one at a time. I've never considered a set because I don't think I'd use them all, so why pay for them?

I have 3 knives at this time and the total was over $200 but they are fine quality and will last me until I die:LOL: .

Welcome, Jazz Fan.

Check out our knife forum. There's a lot of good info there. One of the things you will find there is a recommendation to skip a set and go fro 3-4 key knives that will take care of your basic needs. You can always add more later.

good point, andy.
as always, you cut right to the chase, without being too edgy. sharp and incisive replies.
there should be some good sales coming up as prices are being slashed for christmas.

:cool: (sorry, i was bored)

If you are set on a whole set, Costco sells a nice Henckels in a block for $169. Take a look on Amazon for good buys. Shipping is usually free and there may be a $25 discount for purchases over $125. You could get 3 VERY good knives for that price. Add a serrated bread knife at a cheaper price and some Victorinox paring knives and you have quality knives that will really serve--in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom