Nesmuk Janus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jpaulg

Senior Cook
One of my local suppliers has got their hands on this new range of knives from Germany. 62 Rockwell Hardness with prices starting at $600 AUD.

A check on the internet has their website at: Nesmuk

Unfortunately a lot of the info is in German. Does anybody have any knwoeldge or have used on of these?

Now now, let's not stereotype. I'm sure there are plenty of Goose-steppers who don't speak German. ;)

The knife actually looks like a narrow santoku. Most nessmuks I've seen are stout bushcraft knives, like the nessmuks in the "outdoor knives" section. So, while they are pretty good at kitchen tasks, they are always going to be a compromise. This version looks to have eliminated the compromise but removed most of the nessmuk-ness. I'm always apprehensive about knives sold without the steel grade listed, but if the claim of 65 HRC is to be believed (and down from 67HRC to boot), there must be some pretty slick metallurgy going on there.

Hey, i know this is an old thread but for anyone else that stumbles across like i did, you can find the Nesmuk steel gradings listed here:
Nesmuk

Back
Top Bottom