New guy from KnifeForums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

locutus

Washing Up
Allow me to introduce myself.

I am Locutus, a member of the Borg hive, and a denizen of the Delta Quadrant. :-p

I have been interested in quality outdoor, hunting, and folding knives for many years. I am just now beginning to develop an interest in kitchen knives.

So please bear with me if some of my ideas seem odd, or oriented to different types of knives. I am here to learn, so if my experieces with outdoor knives cause me to make comments that are not proper for kitchen knives,please don't hesitate to correct me!

Oh, BTW, I am also an unrepentant, and insufferable steel snob! :mrgreen:

Hey there! Welcome to DC. I am starting to learn the appreciation of good knives, so it is great to have you!

How was the trip to the wilderness? These guys might be interested in just how good a cook you are out on the lone prairie.

In fact, that's one thing we didn't discuss on the telephone this afternoon.

Ahhh, yes! The camping trip.

First morning, I made 100 percent stone ground whole wheat flour biscuits, white sausage gravy and fried eggs. simple, but elegant!

The next time it was my turn to cook, we had spaghetti sauce with elk meatballs and antelope Italian sausage over zitis! (And a good Chianti, of course) along with garlic bread.

Fortunately, the third time I came up, we were packing up, so I was able to get away with MREs.:-p:-p

Back
Top Bottom