Online Resources for Knives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gossie

Sous Chef
I would do a poll, but I don't know how to set one up. :)

What is your favorite online resource for knives (taking in account price and quality)??

I would not shop for knives on line. I might purchase them on line after I had done my shopping and trying out in person, but even then, it is possible that what you buy will not be what you saw in the store. These days there are a lot of similar names and lines, and it is easy for unscrupulous companies to sell inferior products by manipulating the names just a bit.

Good knives are expensive, and there is really no getting around that.

If you live oin an area where there are no stores, then I guess you are "stuck," so to speak (no pun intended) :rolleyes: but that's my recommendation.

I've bought from all of these and would do so again without hesitation. These are KNIFE sites, not kitchen sites, so you may have to hunt a bit to find the knives you want.

www.knifeworks.com Inexpensive and reputable I bought a bunch of Forschner here.

www.knifecenter.com huge selection and will match prices

www.agrussell.com Big selection, pricier, but classier. Has a good house line of Kitchen knives. Jane Butel has used them on her cooking shows. The folding Hocho is also worth checking out for kitchen duty.

Thanks guys, I'm learning of new places :) I like those knife sites. Now I need a site that will start paying me money so I'll be able to afford these places. :)

Back
Top Bottom