Saber ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ramydam

Cook
Still desperately trying to stock my kitchen, I went through my father's entire knife collection to see what could substitute for the things I'm too cheap to buy right now. I took the ten-inch knife that looks a lot like the one discussed under another thread ("does this look scary?"), but there were a couple more along those lines, just more curved and much bigger. The medium sized one is somewhere between 12 and 15 inches, but the larger is about as long as my arm, at least a 20" blade, and probably closer to 25". Aside from taking up Samurai training, I'm not sure what to do with it. Ideas?

Use it cut watermellons, or imortals trying to take your head (as in the series or movie "The Highlander"). But seriously, could that 20-inch knife be a machetti? It might be very useful for clearing brush and unwanted sapplings, depending on its heft. It will still probably be good for cutting large mellons that are too big for your 10-inch knife. :mrgreen:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Is it double-handled? If it is, it can certainly be used for cutting watermelon, as well as pizza.

Back
Top Bottom