Victorinox Fibrox 7" santoku

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchengoddess8

Sous Chef
Has anyone tried the Victorinox Fibrox 7" santoku? I'm thinking of getting it. Saw it at Bed Bath for $39 and I have a 20% coupon.

ATK loves them. In all their tests, the V's always come out on top. They have a great reputation. They are the prettiest, but they do the job and the price is right. I say go for it. :angel:

ATK loves them. In all their tests, the V's always come out on top. They have a great reputation. They are the prettiest, but they do the job and the price is right. I say go for it. :angel:

I think I will! I only have a 6" chefs knife. I'd like to have one that's a bit bigger for squash and other big veggies.

I think I will! I only have a 6" chefs knife. I'd like to have one that's a bit bigger for squash and other big veggies.
only Santou

I've got a handful of Forschners (Old Victorinox) For the price, they are hard to beat. 440S steel, is easy to sharpen and holds an edge well.

My only Santoku is a much more expensive VG 10 damascus, an excellent knife, but the least used knife in my collection. While it does most things OK, it does nothing well. A lot of people, however, like them.

At thirty bucks and available locally to actually hold in your hand. I say go for it. I think BB&B will refund if you decide it's not for you.

only Santou

I've got a handful of Forschners (Old Victorinox) For the price, they are hard to beat. 440S steel, is easy to sharpen and holds an edge well.

My only Santoku is a much more expensive VG 10 damascus, an excellent knife, but the least used knife in my collection. While it does most things OK, it does nothing well. A lot of people, however, like them.

At thirty bucks and available locally to actually hold in your hand. I say go for it. I think BB&B will refund if you decide it's not for you.

That's what I love about BB&B. Their refund policy is amazing. They have taken back broken appliances that are out of warranty.

Make sure you hold it in your hand and it balances well. If it is not comfortable in your hand, then no amount of savings is worth the price. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom