What Does the "B" Mean on my Henkel Knife?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's kind of what I was thinking too, but this knife came in its own package. Do they come individually packaged when you buy a box set? I've never bought a block/box set of henckels. I don't know why it bothers me, other than I want to make sure I didn't buy a fake. Thanks, Hack

If you get a set, they are not packaged as they would be for inividual sale. You could check their website for more info or use their 'contact us' feature to ask.

Keep in mind that they have two lines, a higher quality line with te two stick figures and a less expensive line with a single stick figure.

Let us know the answer when you find out.

attachment.php

'B' marked knives from Henckels are second grade batches from the factory, this means they might have some imperfections such as markings on the blade or tolerances which have strayed from the 'acceptable' standard. Usually, B knives should be much cheaper, roughly 40-50% of the usual pricing. I own several 'B' Henckel knives (i'm a student, not much of a cash flow going on), and they preform every time :)

B=Blem/Blemish. could be as minor as the printing is not aligned correctly, maybe a nick in the handle or blade. could be as bad as the blade edge was ground wrong and unrepairable for the what its worth to them.

Bait & Switch

Unfortunately, ebay is littered with bait & switch items. We bought a double-oven (yea, we're crazy) that was touted as one thing, when it arrived it was a little different. :glare:However, we think our case turned out well as what we have looks more futuristic & we still purchased at a significant discount .;)

I've read of many ebay cases where name brand products arrive a little different or less than they're represented to be. And, of course, the people you buy from have high-"certified top number 1 in class, ebay seller and god of ebay" ratings. I won't buy another large item from ebay - all the aggravation & wasted time costs money, too. Someone else on the Discuss Cooking Forum purchased a LeCreuset cookware set, and when it arrived, it was a little different. Apparently similar stuff from a company LeCreuset apparently purchased - but if it was advertised that way I bet the new owner would not have purchased it.:unsure:

Back
Top Bottom