Cameron Indoor/Stovetop Smoker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi there everybody. I'm very new to this site, so please be gentle with me!

My site name is Mr Magoo, and I live in Belfast, Northern Ireland. I have been looking to buy an indoor smoker for a very long time, but just do not know which one to go for.
I am partially disabled, and therefore the model I require needs to be light, easy to use and of course needs to be particularly for indoor use. I would also like a model that's not too hard to maintain... is there anybody out there who can please give me any suggestions as to where I could get one in my 'neck of the woods', and where to buy the wood to load it up etc? I am almost afraid to buy it off the internet, because... well, for obvious reasons.
Thanks.

Hi. I am new to this food blog. It looks great. I hope you can help me. I recently purchased an indoor smoker from Emson:

Emson 8303 Indoor Meat Smoker Pressure Cooker Hot Cold BBQ Chili Soup Steam 5qt on eBay!

I tried making brisket for Passover. It was a disaster -- tasteless leather.

I can't find any recipe books for indoor smokers - how much water? what rub or sauce? how many wood chips? how are the wood chips prepared? how long to cook? (I live in NYC so an indoor smoker is my only option and my wife is vegetarian, so the girls and I are on our own.)

Can you point me in the direction of recipes for this indoor smoker?

Many thanks in advance.

David Shapiro

David Shapiro said:
Hi. I am new to this food blog. It looks great. I hope you can help me. I recently purchased an indoor smoker from Emson:

Emson 8303 Indoor Meat Smoker Pressure Cooker Hot Cold BBQ Chili Soup Steam 5qt on eBay!

I tried making brisket for Passover. It was a disaster -- tasteless leather.

I can't find any recipe books for indoor smokers - how much water? what rub or sauce? how many wood chips? how are the wood chips prepared? how long to cook? (I live in NYC so an indoor smoker is my only option and my wife is vegetarian, so the girls and I are on our own.)

Can you point me in the direction of recipes for this indoor smoker?

Many thanks in advance.

David Shapiro

See if this works:

http://www.cameronscookware.com/Recipes.aspx

I have a Cameron and love it, but your machine looks like it does everything but wash your windows!

BTW, welcome to DC!

Last edited:
I have a indoor smoker still in the box-- never used ! Guess a little afraid to use it. Any suggestion for use - chicken,vetables etc. would be appreciated. :)

I buy those Cameron smokers in thrift stores for $5-$10 per. Usually used once and the buyer didn't like it, usually because he applied too high a heat. Their loss. They smoke OK, but they really are the absolute very best lasagna pans. Take all the stuff out of them and look...man, they are deep, and that sliding lid is the bomb. Bake with the lid on, slide the lid off to finish, and if you're taking your prize-winning lasagna to a potluck, you have a lid. I've given a couple away to friends, and keep two so I can do a meat and a veggie at the same time.

I buy those Cameron smokers in thrift stores for $5-$10 per. Usually used once and the buyer didn't like it, usually because he applied too high a heat. Their loss. They smoke OK, but they really are the absolute very best lasagna pans. Take all the stuff out of them and look...man, they are deep, and that sliding lid is the bomb. Bake with the lid on, slide the lid off to finish, and if you're taking your prize-winning lasagna to a potluck, you have a lid. I've given a couple away to friends, and keep two so I can do a meat and a veggie at the same time.

I'm not one of those "use once" people. In fact, I have the smaller Cameron's smoker, too. I use them all the time. I smoke veggies, especially potatoes, cheese, fish, pork, chicken, beef. I love the smokers.

Never thought to use the larger one as a lasagna pan. Guess it's because I have a huge, deep lasagna pan already.

Wow, I'd love to find another large one at a thrift store because, especially in the summertime, I could use a second one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom