Dang it to Heck Habachi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
Went ahead and ordered a Lodge habachi with free shipping from Amazon, dang you DC!

Sounds like a cool little grill, and free shipping!

Love my Weber to death, cannot wait to try the new toy. BTW, don't tell DH.

roadfix said:
The only real difference I see in using a lid is that it prevents flareups from fat drippings. Other than that, that little hibachi is a joy to use and we do burgers on it quite often.

I have heard you can use a turkey roaster lid or aluminum roaster to cover it. Can't wait to start grillin'!

A lid also traps and cause the air to heat, as if in an oven. The food cooks faster and picks up more smoke flavor as radiant, conductive, and convective heat all work to heat up the food. On a hibachi, only conductive and radiant heat energy works on the food.

A lid will also trap moisture.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodweed of the North said:
A lid also traps and cause the air to heat, as if in an oven. The food cooks faster and picks up more smoke flavor as radiant, conductive, and convective heat all work to heat up the food. On a hibachi, only conductive and radiant heat energy works on the food.

A lid will also trap moisture.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Interesting. Good info!

So far am lovin' the Lodge! Steaks, burgers, asparagus, flawless so far, with a very nice crust/char. I actually store it inside of my Weber charcoal grill, which serves as a stand for it.

Back
Top Bottom