How Often Do You Grill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How often to do grill?

• Once a week or less.

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Two or three times a week.

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Four to six times a week.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Once a day.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than once a day.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I love to grill and living in florida you can pretty much do it year round... I have to say I probably do it 4-6 times a week,(that sounds a little dirty :ROFLMAO:) it just to damn hot to do things in the oven... :):):)
I love grilling too (i love it more when others do it) but I only do it about four times a year...in fact, I can't even remember the last time I did it...how do you think that makes ME sound? :ROFLMAO:

I use charcoal but wasn't exactly by choice. I'm intimidated by gas grills with the sounds of hissing and clicking and all. I bought a monster-size that was twice the size of me...$chi-ching$...and felt like it owned me instead of the other way around...so I gave it away after a few tries.

I love grilling too (i love it more when others do it) but I only do it about four times a year...in fact, I can't even remember the last time I did it...how do you think that makes ME sound? :ROFLMAO:

I use charcoal but wasn't exactly by choice. I'm intimidated by gas grills with the sounds of hissing and clicking and all. I bought a monster-size that was twice the size of me...$chi-ching$...and felt like it owned me instead of the other way around...so I gave it away after a few tries.

GIRL me thinks you should have kept that monster-sized thing with all its hissing and clicking, and just done it more often...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

...:LOL:

Attachments

• cat - teehee.jpg
    cat - teehee.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 295
Ugh - I know this is just a personal preference thing, but I could NEVER warm up to a gas grill. To me, gas grilling isn't "grilling"; it's just moving your gas stove outside - lol! What, exactly, is the difference? Zip. You're cooking on a gas stove. Outside. LOL!!

I agree with you 100% on this one Breezy !!

Andy, when you invent a gas grill that can produce the true flavor of a charcoal grill, you'll be in Bill Gates league. So far, it's not been done.

Part of the enjoyment I get from grilling is building the fire. Getting the coals where I want them is all part of the process.

I do use propane on our boat as I don't want to deal with charcoal and blowing embers on a boat.

I didn't vote cause my mood changes. But, since I'm in Fl. I do it as much as I want. I can't stand gas/propane. It makes the food taste funny/gross. IMO. If I want it to taste like something besides what it is, I'll had some wood to the charcoal for the smoke flavor.

i voted 2 to 3 times a week, but that's from april to november. it goes down to once a week or two in the winter.

as far as grills go, i reluctantly gave in, joined the dark side and got a gas grill.

imo, there is most certainly a difference in flavour between gas and charcoal. you get some smoke from gas, and a particular char that sort of defines grilling. but charcoal, especially lump hardwood, adds an unmistakable extra taste that can't be produced with burning wood.
gas is just enough, however, to make the convenience of it well worth it.

and if you breath in the burning gas, you sound like darth vader.

both methods, though, are most certainly unlike "moving your oven outside", unless you have a grill in your oven.

What I said was, that in my opinion, it wasn't any different from moving your gas STOVE outside. Not your OVEN. Big difference.

I've gotten lazier than ever in my old age and I know if I had to deal with lighting charcoal every time, I wouldn't grill very much at all. Every once in a while I see a Weber charcoal grill in a store and think how good it would be to have one. However, I come to my senses fairly quickly.

She noticed, thats why she bought you one! haha

JK

That's the beauty of having both. No pressure.

LOL, no kiddin. I need to get me a good gasser. It does kind of bite having to wait 15 minuetes for the lump to be ready. with a gasser its like 5 minutes and we are ready to roll.

Not nearly as much as I used to. Before 2009, I probably grilled 4 or 5 times a week, even in winter. Living in Prince George, that says a lot.

The past two years I've been learning how to prepare Oriental and Indian cuisines, and they are not grill happy foodstyles.

I've mastered 25 or so dishes by memory from these areas, and will probably go back to grilling again on a regular basis this summer.

I tend to do things in cycles. Always have.

2-3x/week lately, but in the summer I'm probably around 7-8. That obviously includes some lunches. And I use propane 98% of the time, but sometimes I'll break down my WSM and use the bottom section as a charcoal grill, or I'll sear a tuna steak on my chimney charcoal starter, ala Alton Brown. Charcoal definitely adds a subtle difference to taste, but no way I would grill that much using a charcoal grill, plus charcoal seems so darn expensive compared to propane. And I do enjoy cooking on the stove, too, so sometimes all that's going on the grill is corn on the cob when it's in season, or other grilled veggies/sides. I'm pretty sure I would not grill as much if I used charcoal exclusively.

I chose "2-3 times" as this represents a good balance for the year, not including what is done on the pit. My motto is "Gas is an abomination".;) It is only good for crawfish boils, steaming crabs, blackening etc., but not to direct or indirect cook with!:LOL:

Craig

I grill whenever I can, and when it is just too darn cold or it is too darn windy (happens here often), then I use my indoor George forman grill with the removable plates. It isn't the same, but it is good in its own way. In the summer, I try to grill at least 4 times a week, but in the winter I have lots of other things I like to make in the oven. :)

Back
Top Bottom