My new grill! lol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeekinz

Washing Up
Picked up this little Cutie Sunday from Lowes. A whopping $25 bucks! :chef:

I think it could fit inside my other grills. lol

I broke it in with some extra thick pork chops with an Applejack glaze. Cooked over lump charchoal and a wee bit of Hickory. :pig: YUM!

728649268147.jpg

That looks like a nice portable grill. You didn't use to see them with a lid that attached and a raised shelf.

I bought it so I don't have to heat up the big smoker to cook 2 pork chops. It's pretty nice, the chops just about fit on it. lol They had another one a tad smaller and a few different propane models. It should get quite a bit of use.

Cooks darn good, too.

I like the fact that it has a latching lid...helps keep nosey people out while you're trying to cook.

That is a good idea Jinks... I have a small Weber, but even then it is too big at times to grill one steak. (Usually one steak can feed the both of us.) But I have adjusted to using only half the grill, so it works out. But I do like the compact nature of your little cutie! May have to check into one!

I'm going shopping at Lowe's today! :cool: I USED to have a little one that opened up and you could grill on both sides or just one - son borrowed it - we all know the rest of THAT story! :mad:

Very cool, Jeeks. Can you use it indoors? (Looks like two little holes for maybe a plug-in?) Reminds me a bit of the old hibachis - 'cept with a lid. How do you light it up? Had a little portabe grille I took everywhere - beach, park, camping etc. Have fun with it. :chef:

Very cool, Jeeks. Can you use it indoors? (Looks like two little holes for maybe a plug-in?) Reminds me a bit of the old hibachis - 'cept with a lid. How do you light it up? Had a little portabe grille I took everywhere - beach, park, camping etc. Have fun with it. :chef:

No, it's outdoor only. It's basically a small outdoor charcoal grill.

I had one of those $100 Char-broil gas grills that I should never have parted with. The large grills and smokers are nice, but not for everyday use. i.e. Hurry Up After Work Meals. I love the larger ones for cooking on weekends or if I have guests. This is a good size to cook for 2 on. It heats up in no time and saves on fuel (charcoal).

I use lump charchoal that gets lit in a chimney first. The small box on the bottom is an ash trap.

I want to try to smoke something on it this weekend. :pig: :LOL:

I cant wait to get a new grilll this summer the one i have is a POS..... One of the main reasons I bought a house was to have a grill (had lived in apartments for years)... I got a cheapo last year because I was super broke... this year I am only semi-broke so maybe I will upgade I will have to chain it down in my hood though things have a tendency to walk right out of your yard.... yesterday was 70 degrees and my neigbors have started talk of organizing a block party... YAY summer.

Well, congratz to you.

I guess you need a lot of grill recipe now,

feel free to check this grill recipes blog.

just wanna help.

grillicious.blogspot.com

I don't have 20 posts yet, so I can't directly link to a site.

Anyone remember Son of Hibachi? They are still going strong.

My reason for posting? Son of Hibachi still sells a 1 D battery operated
rotisserie. For about $24, it comes with the spit rod, and 2 clamp on
rottisserie holders. I still have mine after 25 years!

The only downside is this: When rottiserrie cooking chicken, you really need a
portable B-B-Q that has propane. Why? Because portable B-B-Q's without gas need
charcoal adding to cook it for the required amount of time.

Cornish game hens on that battery operated rottiserie are so so delicious!

It's a hassle to add charcoal, but can be done.

Anyways, a great little battery operated rottiserie for portables! Look it up.

EDIT: so now finally...I can add a link to my posts.

Rotisserie for Son of Hibachi

See how you can clamp on the battery rottiserie holder onto portable units?
Such a cool little device.

bbq.jpg

Last edited:
I've used the little thing a couple times now and totally love it! I like how the charchoal is only inches away from the food, you get a great sear/char. We made some kabobs the other night grilled tableside. -LOL

EDIT: This thing gets pretty hot so I put the coals off to one side in case I need to slow down the cooking on something.

I just can't get enough of this little grill.

Here's some marinated chops and sauteed onions and peppers with a splash of sherry. I threw in a few Hickory chunks to get some smoke action. The little skillet is 8". I heated the skillet up over the coals, then added the peppers, onion and garlic in that order. When it was half way done, I moved it off to the side where the residual heat from the pan kept it cooking. Then started the chops. Just before the chops were done, I moved the pan to the upper rack to heat up a little more.

img_629319_0_c46b68114c65499b8ed0e59ce76f56e6.jpg

My only complaint so far is the materials used in the grills construction. I'd like to find a better quality small charchoal grill. Espescially one with better cooking grates.

Those are some good looking pork chops.
I've been craving some for a while now. Nice chops are hard to come by around here. I gotta go see a butcher soon.

Back
Top Bottom