My new toy....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeekinz

Washing Up
an eBay find (the one on the left). My DW thinks I'm nutz:LOL: .....but loves what comes off of them.

img_456002_0_78644dfbced572752a221c679d053daa.jpg

The seller "couldn't get it going". There really isn't much to these gas grills, so sight unseen...I bought it. $200 for a $1500 grill. I sent one of my drivers on a 45min. drive to get it.:LOL:

It's a Members Mark, it has 3 18,000 btu main burners, a smoker box/burner, an infared burner and a side burner (which I absolutely LOVE :chef: ) The side burner is a much better burner than my stove!

I replaced the 3 main burners at $30 a piece, a new regulator and hose $20, all thats left is new knobs and 2 new gas valves. Everything works, but whoever used it, messed up a couple knobs. So I'll get it all new so it's perfectamundo.;)

I cleaned it up today and it really is in great shape. No dents or dings. A little "elbow grease" and she looks as good as new.

My DW thinks I'm nuts having 3 grills.:wacko:

I guess it's just "one of those things".;)

Bravo, Jeekins. Nice job. Doncha love it when someone messes up and you are the recipient of a "find?" I've been in that position quite a few times and almost look over my shoulder to see if the cops are coming to get me. Enjoy your new toy!

You know what's funny....I have nothing to grill!!!!!!!!:LOL: :ROFLMAO:

I've been reheating leftovers.............LOL.

What a SAP!!!!!!:LOL:

When I make something....worthy, I'll let you know.

So I tried out the new 'Macheen' today with a first....beer bu...no wait, beer can chicken. I threw a bunch of spices in a bowl and called that my rub. Put the...well you know, and roasted it for an hour and a half. I also used the little smoke tray with some Hickory chips I had. It turned out pretty darn good.

What an easy recipe for anyone that want's to try it.

Three grills sounds just about right. i wish i could afford one more. I have 2 right now. But the one i want is $1500 bucks and will have to wait.

Back
Top Bottom