Blanching corn in pressure cooker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schoolgirl

Senior Cook
I agree, I really don't know why I posted that now that I think about it. We have always blanched in the big pot of water and had good luck from it. I hope we make a lot of corn since we have used up all we had in the freezer.At least putting it up on the cob is a lot easier than the cream style. Faye

I have a digital pc and I was watching a video of another pc.They had cooked a lot of whole corn in it. It made me wonder if I could blanch a lot of our corn (when it comes in) in the pc. I don't know how long I should cook it. Probably not very long at all. Of course it might be more trouble than just cooking in a big pot of water. Just a thought.;) Faye

I wouldn't bother with a pressure cooker. By the time it came up to pressure the corn would be overcooked IMHO.

I bring water up to a boil, put in my corn on the cob, and in 5 minutes it's perfectly done!

Big pot of boiling water for the following times:

Blanching times for corn-on-the-cob:

• small ears ( 1¼ inches or less in diameter) 7 minutes,
  • medium ears (1¼ to 1½ inches in diameter) 9 minutes, and
  • large ears (over 1½ inches in diameter) 11 minutes.
Make sure corn goes in to a bucket of ice water immediately in order to stop the cooking process.

Big pot of boiling water for the following times:

Blanching times for corn-on-the-cob:

• small ears ( 1¼ inches or less in diameter) 7 minutes,
  • medium ears (1¼ to 1½ inches in diameter) 9 minutes, and
  • large ears (over 1½ inches in diameter) 11 minutes.
Make sure corn goes in to a bucket of ice water immediately in order to stop the cooking process.

I believe you are confused with cooking Vs Blanching. As kitchenelf said 5 minutes in boiling water and it's DONE.
I tried Blanching corn on the cob IAW Better Homes and Garden Cookbook. Don't remember for sure but it was something like 8 minute.
What a water logged mess that turned out to be.

Charlie

Back
Top Bottom