Blue Cheese Dressing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daniel

Assistant Cook
Would like to know the process for canning Blue Cheese dressing. I know a guy who does this but will not share his recipe. I can vegetables all the time but am not sure of the process for blue cheese. Any help would be appreciated. Recipes are welcome too.:)

Daniel said:
Would like to know the process for canning Blue Cheese dressing. I know a guy who does this but will not share his recipe. I can vegetables all the time but am not sure of the process for blue cheese. Any help would be appreciated. Recipes are welcome too.:)

Hey, Daniel.
How long are you thinking of keeping your Blue Cheese Dressing? Thing is, it's so easy to make, I personally prefer to make it fresh every time. For two people, for example, you'd probably need a good tablespoon of blue cheese ( Stilton, Maytag, Bleu D'Auvergne, etc.) about two tablespoons of mayonnaise, a tweak of black pepper and perhaps a drop or two of milk. whisk together - that's it. No big secret.
There are many variations, of course; you could use cream instead of mayo, or sour cream, or yoghurt, or buttermilk ( I can't find that over here), or cream cheese & milk....but none take more than five minutes to make.
If you're preserving the stuff for a long time, you'll have to use an emulsifer, perhaps, and some kind of nasty preservative.

Well - I have to go with cliveb on this one ... it's way too easy to make something that taste better fresh than muck about and try to can an inferior tasting product.

I don't have a recipe - but as far as I know .... things like this are processed by a "pasteurization" method. Some are "can-able" for long term shelf storage - some require refrigeration.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom