Crabapple Jelly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QSis

Washing Up
After years of battling hundreds of thousands of crabapples dropping all over my car, parking spot, walkway, etc., I decided this year "When life hands you crabapples, make crabapple jelly!!"

I followed the directions in the box of pectin I bought and it came out great.

But I have a regular boiling water canner, not a pressure canner. Will I be okay with my jars on the shelf for 6 months or so? I want to give them as gifts, with some biscuits, for Christmas.

Lee

By QSis

Beautiful Miss Lee. Beautiful!! If ya did the hot water bath for 10 minutes or so, then you are in fine shape!

I'll PM you my address before Christmas!:LOL:

Enjoy!!

You can send me some too! I haven't had any since my grandmother passed away 7 years ago! No one around here makes it. It's my favorite!

What's a good store-bought cracker/biscuit/cookie to give with these?

I want something that my neighbors can store in their pantrys, along with the jelly, to eat whenever they want to. So a few months down the road, after the holidays, they can say, "Oh, I forgot we had this - it would hit the spot now!"

I like the idea of giving the jelly with cans of brown bread (SO New England), but maybe something more savory to off-set the sweet?

Lee

Your jelly is beautiful! I'm anxious for our crabapple trees to start making crabapples. Maybe some Carr's Table Water Crackers and/or plain shortbread cookies would be nice to go with the jelly.

Back
Top Bottom