Decorative Canning (wow)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blissful

Master Chef
40389859_1500872526725615_2379269868890357760_n.jpg

https://nchfp.uga.edu/how/can_06/pickled_mixed_veg.html

I'm just so impressed with this picture. Except first, I don't can in 1/2 or 1 gallon containers, and second, how do they make those green leaves on a branch looking vegetables? (in the top pictures) Anyone have ideas?

Still it's pretty isn't it? I can see making 4 quarts like that, as a present for my son, he'd appreciate the effort.

40389859_1500872526725615_2379269868890357760_n.jpg

https://nchfp.uga.edu/how/can_06/pickled_mixed_veg.html

I'm just so impressed with this picture. Except first, I don't can in 1/2 or 1 gallon containers, and second, how do they make those green leaves on a branch looking vegetables? (in the top pictures) Anyone have ideas?

Still it's pretty isn't it? I can see making 4 quarts like that, as a present for my son, he'd appreciate the effort.
I'm guessing the leaves are thin, long-wise slices of cucumber or zucchini. And the white, central bit is where another thin slice is shaved off.

Gosh, bliss, those are works of art! It must take forever to make each jar. :wacko:

I like the smiley face in the jar, top photo, right-hand jar. :)

My kids (all grown) have characterized my sense of humor as 'silly', and this does tickle my silly bone! I think I'll have to try to make a few jars, as I'm planning on seeing the youngest in october. I can just see the smirky smile on his face.

I wouldn't have the patience (or attention span) to do that. And if I did, I would never want to eat it. :LOL:

CD

I wouldn't have the patience (or attention span) to do that. And if I did, I would never want to eat it. :LOL:

CD
I get you. You could though make a lamp out of it? :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Have you been to an old greek or italian restaurant where they have those tall curvy jars, standing 3 feet high, filled with olive oil, olives, onions, all kinds of goodies, for decoration? It kind of reminds me of those.

I get you. You could though make a lamp out of it? :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Have you been to an old greek or italian restaurant where they have those tall curvy jars, standing 3 feet high, filled with olive oil, olives, onions, all kinds of goodies, for decoration? It kind of reminds me of those.

I have a scaled down version of that in my kitchen. I got the idea from Italian restaurant decor. In the picture below, the hanging pots and pans hide the gallon jars of pickled peppers, olives and vegetables.

CD

Attachments

• Kitchen2017.jpg
    Kitchen2017.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 134
Very pretty, Bliss! My mom used to love getting my canned goods, like dilly green beans and other pickle-like things. Not to eat, mind you, but to display on the shelves by her kitchen window. They weren't nearly as pretty as the jars in your pics though.

Back
Top Bottom