Freezing meals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMediger

Head Chef
Hello All ...
I am making my grandmother individual frozen meals for Christmas and have a few questions I thought I'd throw out here in hopes of finding some answers.

One of the things I have planned are stuffed green peppers ... Would you bake them then freeze? Bake a little then freeze? Stuff and freeze?

I am planning on making small meatloaves ... Again, would you bake them all the way then freeze?

Thank you!

Cook and freeze the meatloaf and the stuffed peppers. After they are cooled, wrap tightly and freeze.

How sweet! I make meatballs for my parents and freeze those after the meatballs are cooked. Another thing I do is make a big batch of chicken stock and then a variety of chicken-based soups and some biscuits. Another thing I do are individual chicken pot pies. Those I cook the filling but not the crust because they cook those in the oven.

I'm doing chicken pot pies with top crusts only - thank you for the tip on not baking the crust first! I'm also doing individual Italian casseroles. My plan is to freeze them in small casseroles, pop them out and vacuum seal them. Then I'll give her the pans to bake them in.

Thank you both for the tips!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom