Freezing Mustard Greens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi--

I'm new to the group (so haven't done my intro), but with a 2000 sq. ft. + garden, I freeze a lot of Swiss Chard and Kale. I basically follow the same steps re: the link provided for Swiss Chard, but I spin mine in a salad spinner and then squeeze liquid out using a clean dish towel after shocking it. I don't bag mine, I chop it and squeeze it into ice cube trays. Once the cubes are frozen, I put the cubes in ziplock bags. It isn't the season here for freezing veggies so I can't tell you how much fits in each cube, but you'll be surprised. I cover the tray with plastic wrap while it is freezing.

For kale, I do the same thing re: the spinner, dish towel, ice cube trays, and chopping before stuffing into the trays (sorry, forgot to check if she adds lemon juice when shocking the Kale).

I personnally find mustard greens a bit hard on my body, so use them sparingly.

Looking forward to being part of the group.

K.

Hi--

I'm new to the group (so haven't done my intro), but with a 2000 sq. ft. + garden, I freeze a lot of Swiss Chard and Kale. I basically follow the same steps re: the link provided for Swiss Chard, but I spin mine in a salad spinner and then squeeze liquid out using a clean dish towel after shocking it. I don't bag mine, I chop it and squeeze it into ice cube trays. Once the cubes are frozen, I put the cubes in ziplock bags. It isn't the season here for freezing veggies so I can't tell you how much fits in each cube, but you'll be surprised. I cover the tray with plastic wrap while it is freezing.

For kale, I do the same thing re: the spinner, dish towel, ice cube trays, and chopping before stuffing into the trays (sorry, forgot to check if she adds lemon juice when shocking the Kale).

I personnally find mustard greens a bit hard on my body, so use them sparingly.

Looking forward to being part of the group.

K.

Welcome to DC! You've already jumped in:) So, have fun!

Back
Top Bottom