ISO Blueberry Jam Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
I cannot seem to find my recipe for this, so I wondered if anyone has a TNT recipe they would like to share? I will be canning the jam.

Daisy I think the idea of blueberry marmalade is fantastic! I've played around with trying to create a good blueberry curd (something akin to say lemon or gooseberry curd), but haven't quite perfected the recipe yet :) (it's a work in progress).

yum, mind if i try one of those recipes, daisy? they sound really good.:)

Thank-you Daisy, that is a fantastic wealth of curd knowledge!!! I'll never forget the first time I tried lemon curd as youngster, made by the hands of a darling, old British neighbour. I was so intrigued by the taste that I asked her if I could come watch the next time she made it, and so I learnt first hand, plus I got to take home half the jars, which my brother and I coveted like they were worth their weight in gold. :)

Last edited:
As many times as I have looked at this thread it didn't hit me until just now that I have fresh blackberries & peaches in my freezer.:doh: I've been trying to figure out something other than jam to use them in & it was right under my nose this whole time! Thanks daisy, I can't wait to try the peach & blackberry curds!:)

Daisy,

I made your recipe for blueberry jam today. I think it was a success. It seems to have set up, but I havent tried it yet. I was actually surprised that the recipe did not call for pectin, and yet it still seems to have set up. I guess blueberries have enough natural pectin in them to set up with the sugar. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom