Jam poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

what is your favorite jam/jelly?

• apple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • grape

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • plum

• orange marmalade

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • peach

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • raspberry/strawberry/blackberry(berry)

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • fig

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • pineapple

• elderberry

• mine's not listed...

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My all time favourite has to be Saskatoon berry jam. My grandma makes a whole big batch of it in the spring/summer time and I always get to take home a few jars to last me awhile. It is the best jam in the entire world!!!

I don't use much jam or jelly but I adore black cherry preserves..Not to sweet, a slight tang and generous chunks of the cherry in it...yummy

kadesma:)

texasgirl said:
I love peach, but, I am very fond of apple butter also.

Oh, I love apple butter, Texas! Our church make it every fall, in big copper kettles over a wood fire, with silver dollars in the bottom to keep it from scorching. I usually buy a case of pints, give a few away in Christmas baskets, and eat the rest. Apple butter on a fresh biscuit is heavenly!

Constance said:
Oh, I love apple butter, Texas! Our church make it every fall, in big copper kettles over a wood fire, with silver dollars in the bottom to keep it from scorching. I usually buy a case of pints, give a few away in Christmas baskets, and eat the rest. Apple butter on a fresh biscuit is heavenly!

Can you put me on your Christmas list??:wub: :mrgreen:

You bet!
Texas has a lot of wonderful things, but I never got a good crisp apple the whole time I lived there. Of course that was 40 years ago. I guess everyone can get crisp apple now. But here, it goes right from tree to apple butter.

I like a lot of stuff but everyone in my family has always made strawberry preserves. Just pulverized strawberries, sugar and fruit pectin. Good stuff and it freezes well too.

I like it on cheesecake =P

I can't really pick one... I love so many varieties... strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, orange marm, figs and almonds, peaches...

Rather unusual one is cactus, it is really good too, it was a surprise when I first tried it...

We also have an annual love and hate relationship with apricot jams.. we have a big apricot tree and every summer we collect mountains of apricots... of course we make loads of jam among other things.. they are soooo good but after a while we get totally apricotted out and wouldn't care even to look at it for a while...

Im not a big fan of jam, unless its on cakes. My favourite probably has to be raspberry, followed by strawberry

Love most all jams but berry (including cherry) flavours are my clear cute favourite. My two favourite homemade jam recipes in the world (that I've tried to date) are both my mom's recipes. One is "pear and raspberry" and the other is "strawberry daiquiri" jam (soooo awesome on cornmeal muffins).

My mama used to make guava jam. My fav type of jam.I don't get it here, but I used to make plum jam when I was a teenie, so that's my second fav.

Back
Top Bottom