Left over juice after massaging vegetables?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
I'm new to fermentation. This is my 2nd time doing it. After massaging all the vegetables (mostly cabbage green and red, few skinny zuchinnis, some beets) - and after I fill up the jar and juice is up to the top of the jar.
There is still left over juice from massing them. Maybe I massaged them too long. ha ha. I threw it away the last time. Should I keep this juice?

I'm new to fermentation. This is my 2nd time doing it. After massaging all the vegetables (mostly cabbage green and red, few skinny zuchinnis, some beets) - and after I fill up the jar and juice is up to the top of the jar.
There is still left over juice from massing them. Maybe I massaged them too long. ha ha. I threw it away the last time. Should I keep this juice?

Most people don't work the vegetables enough--GOOD JOB! I'd throw the extra away I guess.

Just add any extra juice to the crock and let it ferment along with the vegetables. You can drink it straight up or blend with tomato juice. There's lots of probiotic healthiness in sauerkraut juice.

Just add any extra juice to the crock and let it ferment along with the vegetables. You can drink it straight up or blend with tomato juice. There's lots of probiotic healthiness in sauerkraut juice.

Good idea!:)

I dont use a crock, but thanks. I have juice already flowing to top of big jar. No more room for more.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom