Pickling Carrots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Steve, my recipe is 4 cups of distilled water to 1/4 cup of kosher/coarse salt. Boil and pour over the cucumbers, dill and garlic. Seal the jars and process. The dills ferment in there and are amazing. They are what I grew up with and what we all still prefer. I think its what CharlieD makes too. Must be a Ukrainian thing.

Hm. Methinks I need a new Ball Blue Book. Mine is from 1991. I was looking online for the pickled carrot recipe I'd quoted and can't find it. I don't think the internet was around back then.

It was, but it wasn't as available as it is now :) It started in the '70s as a means for universities and government organizations to share research information and grew from there.

It was, but it wasn't as available as it is now :) It started in the '70s as a means for universities and government organizations to share research information and grew from there.

:LOL: I remember that big cold room at college, some eons ago, with huge computer equipment, and if you didn't poke the extremely long code in just right, it would swear at you! I was terrified....Thankfully, I wasn't looking for recipes!

Last edited:
:LOL: I remember that big cold room at college, some eons ago, with huge computer equipment, and if you didn't poke the extremely long code in just right, it would swear at you! I was terrified....Thankfully, I wasn't looking for recipes!

Hee hee! DH took that COBOL class. I remember he wasn't too happy about it, either. I took BASIC programming but somehow I knew you didn't have to be programmer to use a computer. Technology eventually caught up to me :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom