Storing Sliced Mango Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBQ Mikey

Sous Chef
ISO Storing Mango Help

So I bought a very large mango the other day and didnt use all of it.
They often go bad in the fridge quickly, sliced or not, Id imagine going bad even faster without refrigeration...

what do I do (besides eat it quickly>) Freeze, refrigerate anyway, or attempt to preserve it somehow?

TIA!

Last edited:
If you think you'll use it within the next 48 hours, just refrigerate it. If not, either eat it right now, or freeze it.

If it is already sliced I imagine a little lemon juice would keep it from oxidizing. I can never NOT eat a whole mango, so I don't ever really have that problem. If you can't use it soon though, freeze it.

Best thing to do with mangoes that you don't consume is cut them and puree them in a blender. You can add a tiny bit of water to them to help with the puree process.

Now pour them into an airtight container and freeze. Mango puree freezes extremely well and you can use it in a lot of different things from sauces to milkshakes to icecreams.

I have not been very happy with frozen mango slices you can do it but I prefer the puree method.

Thanks Guys! *pauses...eats mango slice* I need to find a blender....

So...here's a question...along the same line....

I bought a ripe mango but won't use it for another few days...can I refrigerate it without peeling, slicing, etc? Will it go bad faster in our out of the fridge????

Here we are, in the middle of mango season, so I can at least offer an informed opinion...I agree with Yakuta 100%. I always puree mangoes if we can't eat them before they get too ripe. I use the pulp to make delicious "aguas frescas" - here's how to make them Aqua Fresca

As for storing in the refrigerator - a mango willl keep a long time under refrigeration, but not long at room temp, especially here.

Back
Top Bottom