Stuff floating in my bread and butter pickles and peppers.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nighttrails

Assistant Cook
Hi all,
Recently made some bread and butter pickle/onion/peppers mix and bread and butter pepper peppers. I followed the recipe for making bread and butter pickles but added onion and peppers into the mix. This is my first time doing it. Anyways, there's this cloudy stuff suspended in my jars and I'm not sure what it is. Maybe the powdered ginger? I'm just not sure. If anyone's ran into this before I would appreciate their advice.
Thanks!
Gabriel, Milwaukee, WI

Gabriel, welcome to DC. The important thing is how do they taste. Serve them in a bowl rather than out of the jar and nobody will know.

I love ginger, however, I don't put any in my pickles?. Good idea. The only powder I can think of I might put in pickles is turmeric ( turns everything yellowy orange), so this isn't much help.

We also love e-samples. I suggest you send a sample around again as it didn't come through.

I haven't tried them yet. I'm not sure how long I should wait after making them before I try them. I got the recipe from the Ball blue nook of canning. I made them last week Tuesday.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom