What preserves do you like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i could eat all of the sweet fruit preserves everyone mentioned, but a preserve from my pink raspberries would be my choice. i planted some yellow raspberry canes alongside some red raspberry canes many years ago, and they've all morphed into a delicious, tart and sweet pink raspberries. i wonder if i've created a hybrid?

plus, i love pickled stuff. cukes, hot peppers, sweet peppers, cauliflower, carrots, stringbeans, green tomatoes, garlic, onions, olives, beets, eggs, and fish. i could, and oftendo, eat pickled stuff every day.

It's possible :) I started with 2 kinds of mint in my garden and I now how 4..lol!

We also have a naartjie tree growing next to our lemons and the lemons have turned an orange colour over the years and taste like a cross between the 2. Some of the lemons still look and taste the same and other even look like naartjies.

I'm thinking of making Hotnotsvy Jam this year, (Cape sour fig) We have many in our garden and I would like to try it out.
I've also made some preserved lemons with excess lemons I add but haven't tried them yet, they have been preserving for about 3 months now so they should be perfectly soft :)

Great ideas guys. I will try some but berries are really expensive here so I'll have to wait for my own in the garden to ripen first :) I'll make the berry jams for home and the affordable fruit jams to sell. We sometimes get cheap kiwi's and persimmons at the market so I think I'll try those too.

I make Jalapeno Jelly every year. We love to eat it with smoked salmon, cheese and crackers or spread it on top of brie and BBQ it on a cedar plank.

We also have a naartjie tree growing next to our lemons and the lemons have turned an orange colour over the years and taste like a cross between the 2. Some of the lemons still look and taste the same and other even look like naartjies.

What is a naartjie?

I like to make fig preserves every summer. Sweet ones, and also a savory fig and onion jam.

I like tomato preserves and carrot marmalade. I don't make them, I buy them at my local farmers market. They are awesome. I love the tomato with dill pickles, onions and dill on a hamburger. Sweet and sour and spicy and smokey. Awesome.

Robert

I like tomato preserves and carrot marmalade. I don't make them, I buy them at my local farmers market. They are awesome. I love the tomato with dill pickles, onions and dill on a hamburger. Sweet and sour and spicy and smokey. Awesome.

Robert

I make sweet tomato jam and a green tomato chutney. Never heard of carrot marmalade I'll have to look it up :) Dill pickles are very cheap and good here so it won't benefit me to make them. People want what they can't buy in a regular store.

Gooseberry is a current favourite. They always change the stock in our local farm store and at the moment this one is plentiful and so tasty!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom