Greetings from Florida!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tcseacliff

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone!
came here with some canning questions , but now I see there are so many good forums here ,may stick around! I am a 66 yr old guy ,who likes cooking and always looking to improve the skills and leanr new ones as well as fix problems ! glad to be here !

Welcome to DC! Las Vegas here.

I went through a canning phase myself. I look forward to hearing about your experiences!

well, i have many, a lot were answered in some of the great articles and canning 101 series things very nice! one that has not been answered, is why do the store bought preserves, strawberry, have the little seeds in them? I always noticed they are very heavy in them but mine not so much. am I doing something wrong, or are those just another variety of strawberry? my biggest take away today is , my lack of sugar. I was making those for my 2 yr old granddaughter, so I figured, mom would appreciate less sugar!! explains why they are moving in the jar!!next batch i will know better!!LOL !4 cups seemed excessive!! I used maybe 3/4 of a cup, if that much!!

Hi tcseacliff, and welcome to Discuss Cooking! :flowers:

I don't know anything about canning, but the "What's for dinner?" daily thread is a popular one here if you care to join in and share your meals. :) Hope to see more of you!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom