White Bloomer Dough Consistency

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChocFingers

Assistant Cook
Hi All!

Just as the title suggests, I'm trying to find out what consistency a white bloomer bread dough should be. I've been making bread lately. Today I'm making a white bloomer again. What I do though, is keep adding flour when I'm kneading as the dough is very sticky. The recipe is Paul Hollywoods white bloomer recipe which can easily be found on the internet.

So what consistency should the dough be as the one I did last night (that I added more flour to, probably a desert spoon more strong white bread flour) and it was a bit hard on top and not too bad inside but think it could be better.

Gonna be hard to explain this in text. If you had a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being not the slightest bit sticky, 10 being extremely impossibly sticky. What sticky-ness should the dough be? I'd say mine, before the extra flour was added, was about a 7. After the flour was added, about a 5.

Thanks!

I didn't listen to the audio, just watched. Based on the amount of dough stuck to his fingers and the fact that he kneaded it slathered with oil, I'd say it's quite sticky. You can add more flour as you did before or go with the oil method.

Thank you folks.

I did pretty much what he did in the video but didn't use his kneading technique as I've only just seen the video. However it came out like the attached pic with little uncooked layers. Maybe it was not folliwing his kneading technique.

Attachments

• 20180512_181340.jpg
    20180512_181340.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 187
Back
Top Bottom