The cake that almost wasn't....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pengyou

Senior Cook
Saturday I was having a terrible, horrible, no good, rotten bad day...and was thinking that things couldn't get worse. I started to make an applesauce cake. Baking always makes me feel better. I got halfway through the recipe when I realized that I had put 1.5 tsp of baking powder and .5 tsp of baking soda instead of vice versa....then I pulled the applesauce out of the fridge, only to discover that it was...shall we say, fermenting??? At that point I didn't care...just continued with the recipe...the cake came out tasking pretty good. Nobody died, nobody needed their stomach pumped :ROFLMAO:

The moral of this story? Stuff happens!

Well, since the family is hunky dory, I would say you had a very successful day.

I am with you. I love to bake more than cook. Unfortunately right now that is out of the question. Sitting in this stinking wheelchair, limits my activities. I counter comes up to my chin. This apartment certainly was never meant for a handicap person. Pirate cooks all my meals except for lunch. I get Meals On Wheels for that. And he is not one for baking. It requires (as you found out today) that measurements need to be exact. He is used to quick cooking foods. And I cannot have sweets anyway. But I still miss being in my kitchen to make all the goodies. And right now I have no one to eat what I would bake anyway. Pirate is trying so hard to lose all the weight he has gained over the past two years.

Chin up. Your next venture into the kitchen will be a great success and everyone will be raving about what you made just for them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom