Recommendation for electric meat grinder.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elsmandino

Assistant Cook
Hello.

We are going to go down the route of avoiding pre-bought sausages, mince, burgers etc and making our own.

There are quite a few on the market - can anyone recommend anything, please?

We have https://www.lemproducts.com/product/mighty-bite-8-grinder/butcher-meat-grinders and use it to grind meat for sausages and also to grind ground lamb and other hard to find ground meats. We also use the LEM Mighty Bite 5 pound sausage stuffer. Both are easy to use and pretty easy to clean. We usually make 15-20 pounds of sausage at a time.

A food truck guy we know uses one of the bigger LEM grinders to grind beef for his hamburgers and he likes it too.

I have Bosch meat grinder with sausage and Kebbe attachment, one machine for it all and I love it.

I use the kitchen aid attachment grinder. As many people have said, most dedicated grinders will do a better easier job than the KA attachment. But, I don't grind meat often so this does the trick for my family and I'm pleased with it. I probably only use it a few times a year grinding up at most 3 deer and a half dozen beef or pork roasts.

I use the kitchen aid attachment grinder. As many people have said, most dedicated grinders will do a better easier job than the KA attachment. But, I don't grind meat often so this does the trick for my family and I'm pleased with it. I probably only use it a few times a year grinding up at most 3 deer and a half dozen beef or pork roasts.

We used to use the KA grinder attachment but it's like night and day when using the LEM. We even got the after-market redesigned cutting blade for the KA, which helped a little, but still no comparison with the LEM.

We used to use the KA grinder attachment but it's like night and day when using the LEM. We even got the after-market redesigned cutting blade for the KA, which helped a little, but still no comparison with the LEM.

Yep and the two factors for me not buying a dedicated grinder of meat, are cost and where to store more equipment.

Back
Top Bottom