Help with name of Cookbook please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Good morning chefs:chef: ...

I watched Mario Batali maybe 6 or 7 weeks ago. He featured a cookbook on his back counter saying it was the best cookbook for Italian cuisine and showed it's cover. I have called his restaurant and asked them to check with him on it's title. I have also posted this request on other sites and gotten no answers from anyone so I'm trying here. Hoping someone caught that same show. It was a big cookbook, hardbound (not that that matters) and called something like Completely Italian or Essential Italian. I have google searched all titles that I can think of that are similar and when the pictures for the cookbooks popped up, I knew none of them were correct or what I was looking for. I will call his restaurants again and in hopes that they've heard back from him on the question. Until then, does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'd love to add this to my collection and his recommending it means it must be pretty good. TIA:ROFLMAO:

Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking, by Marcella Hazan.

This cookbook is highly regarded and I'm not surprised Mario recommends it.

Andy M. said:
Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking, by Marcella Hazan.

This cookbook is highly regarded and I'm not surprised Mario recommends it.

:mrgreen: thank you Andy M, you are a lifesavor......that's exactly it! wonder why his staff at his restaurants couldn't get me the info:blink: but they didn't, oh well, you came through. so many thank you's are tumbling across this computer:wub:
have a superb day!:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom