Adding taste to a cooked piece of Beef.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BML

Assistant Cook
I am a man with limited cooking ability and after my wife served us yesterdays roast Beef reheated in gravy the thought crossed my mind that maybe there was a better way to create a meal such as stirring a spoonful of Curry powder into the gravy or even a sprinkling of Chilly powder that is unless anyone has a better idea.

Just yesterday I was researching seasoning an elk roast I had crock potted and wanted to turn into a vegetable/meat soup...garlic and onion (powder/minced) celery, black pepper, cloves, coriander, mushrooms. I made a sandwich today and made a sour cream/horseradish spread for the sandwich.

Hi, BML. If the roast is already sliced in the gravy, you could serve it over some noodles or rice and make another meal out of it. I love that for an easy leftovers dinner - a couple grinds of black pepper and I'm good with that. :yum:

If it's just the beef alone, like Beth mentioned, soup and/or sandwiches. Tacos are pretty good too, with a good sprinkle of cumin or chili powder.

Fresh herbs are a nice addition when minced into a gravy. Rosemary and thyme work well.

Your mentioning of curry in a gravy reminds me of how sauerbraten gravy has crumbled gingersnaps in them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom