OK - I cheated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookieee

Sous Chef
Spoiler alert - I looked at the Nat'l Calendar. today is Nat'l Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day. Darn, sorry I missed that. Want to know what is coming up for the rest of the week? (in case you haven't checked the calendar and want to be prepared) :chef:

Jan. 15 - Nat'l Strawberry Ice Cream Day

Jan. 16 - Nat'l Fig Newton Day

Jan. 17 - Nat'l Hot Butter Rum Day

Jan. 18 - Nat'l Peking Duck Day

Jan. 19 - NAT'L POPCORN DAY Whoopeee, my favorite snack

Jan. 20 - NAT'L CHEESE DAY - DH favorite breakfast, lunch, dinner, ok, every hour day or night snack

Jan. 15 - Nat'l Strawberry Ice Cream Day - My dad absulutely loved strawberry ice cream, and therefore, so do I.
And no, strawberry ice cream is not the red headed stepchild in a Neopolitan ice cream.

Jan. 16 - Nat'l Fig Newton Day - Yes! I've got a big, fig newton! Love those tasty treats with black tea.

Jan. 17 - Nat'l Hot Butter Rum Day - Blech. Hot butter and rum? Ypu must already be drunk.

Jan. 18 - Nat'l Peking Duck Day. Absolutely! Gimme one of those bastrds hanging in the window.

One of my first jobs as a kid was in a movie theater. I have popcorn in my blood.

Jan. 20 - NAT'L CHEESE DAY - DH favorite breakfast, lunch, dinner, ok, every hour day or night snack.

I think I'm related to your hubby.

I was trying to think of something to have for lunch today, so I took out a few containers of cold cuts. By the time I decided on a tuna sammich, I'd eaten a quarter pound of freshly sliced Boar's Head swiss.

Jus'happened.

Last edited:
J

Jan. 17 - Nat'l Hot Butter Rum Day - Blech. Hot butter and rum? Ypu must already be drunk.

Give it a try, it is VERY GOOD!!! Not too many cold days down here in Fl. for me to have it.

One of my first jobs as a kid was in a movie theater. I have popcorn in my blood.

How much did popcorn cost in those days. When I was a kid I think it was 10 or 15 cents for a little box of popcorn. A movie is not a movie without popcorn.

Jan. 20 - NAT'L CHEESE DAY - DH favorite breakfast, lunch, dinner, ok, every hour day or night snack.

I think I'm related to your hubby.

I was trying to think of something to have for lunch today, so I took out a few containers of cold cuts. By the time I decided on a tuna sammich, I'd eaten a quarter pound of freshly sliced Boar's Head swiss.

Jus'happened.

When DH was little, his father had a friend that owned a deli. The friend would let DH pick out whatever he wanted. He would always pass up the sweet stuff and pick out cheese. He has been hooked ever since. You must be his younger brother. lol You two will probably have a great time this Sun

cookieee, the only way popcorn gets better at a movie theater is to also buy a tray of nachos with the cup of nacho cheese on the side.

Dip a chip in the cheese, then into the popcorn so it sticks to the cheese on the chip. Mmmmm, pop-chos.

cookieee, the only way popcorn gets better at a movie theater is to also buy a tray of nachos with the cup of nacho cheese on the side.

Dip a chip in the cheese, then into the popcorn so it sticks to the cheese on the chip. Mmmmm, pop-chos.

Wait a minute!! How can you be related to the both of us? :ohmy::LOL:

Spoiler alert - I looked at the Nat'l Calendar. today is Nat'l Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day. Darn, sorry I missed that. Want to know what is coming up for the rest of the week? (in case you haven't checked the calendar and want to be prepared) :chef:

Jan. 15 - Nat'l Strawberry Ice Cream Day

Jan. 16 - Nat'l Fig Newton Day

Jan. 17 - Nat'l Hot Butter Rum Day

Jan. 18 - Nat'l Peking Duck Day

Jan. 20 - NAT'L CHEESE DAY - DH favorite breakfast, lunch, dinner, ok, every hour day or night snack

Just a reminder, today is Nat'l Hot Butter Rum Day.

Also, please come and play my new COOKING GAME OF THE WEEK.

You will find it on the Jokes and Game forum. Hope you will join.

Don't forget !!!!!!!

Tomorrow is Nat'l Popcorn Day!!!

How fortunate it falls on a Sat. - Date night - Remember ladies, if your bo or hubby takes you to the movies, make sure he buys you popcorn.:yum:

(I think this post just "dated" me.) :rolleyes::LOL:

Yaaaaah!!!! It's finally here - NATIONAL POPCORN DAY !!!!!!!

I, myself, like just salt and butter on mine. Very seldom do I do anything different. How about you? What do you like on your popcorn? Or do you have an interesting recipe you would like to share using popcorn?

Back
Top Bottom