Brisket Cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paymaster

Sous Chef
I cooked a brisket on my Akorn last week. It was great!!!! I used my wet rub/marinade and let it sit all bay and the cooked overnight at 225* over lump charcoal and apple wood chunks, I did a non traditional separation of the point and flat sections to be able to get it in the Akorn. I placed the point on the extender rack over the flat.Here are some pics.

gtyvqd9rq8z78lgzg.jpg

52ifzr4q1cm2d11zg.jpg

4e2wdx8gb72k8e8zg.jpg

orj1l5qkt7757zwzg.jpg

2kzt4563bxdkedazg.jpg

1mrdz435u6rjk1vzg.jpg

ddq31pnx1cnr9sdzg.jpg

l3c6jerx3237cj5zg.jpg

Looks good, Paymaster. Do you wrap your brisket for any part of the cook?

Thanks Andy!

I never wrap brisket, butts or anything else but ribs. I only wrap ribs for my wife who likes them fall off the bone. I like my ribs a bit firmer than her.

Thanks Andy!

I never wrap brisket, butts or anything else but ribs. I only wrap ribs for my wife who likes them fall off the bone. I like my ribs a bit firmer than her.

Very nice Paymaster. Where do you live? I could not. I mean would not try to cook outside during this cold snap and to be honest, my grills and smoker get little if any use in the winter.
I think you said GA?

I also do not like fall off the bone ribs. My wife does. LOL The rolls? Are they Bridgeford Parker House frozen dough rolls? I love them. You must oil them up and let them rise, but they are terrific! Just a guess. They look like it.

Anyhow, beautiful job.

Last edited:
Very nice Paymaster. Where do you live? I could not. I mean would not try to cook outside during this cold snap and to be honest, my grills and smoker get little if any use in the winter.
I think you said GA?

I also do not like fall off the bone ribs. My wife does. LOL The rolls? Are they Bridgeford Parker House frozen dough rolls? I love them. You must oil them up and let them rise, but they are terrific! Just a guess. They look like it.

Anyhow, beautiful job.

Yes GA. Don't know about the rolls. I just do the outdoor cookin part.
I cook in all kinds of weather. :LOL:

ev85vaft7d5keguzg.jpg

Thanks y'all!

Looks great! Wish Karen liked brisket. I made one once but that was not something she liked.

Nice... although the shot with the sauce worried me. Did you just use sauce for burnt ends? Lookin at your finished plate, that's what it looks like.

CD

Mouth watering as usual, PM! :yum: I always enjoy your grillin' and smokin' pics. Thank you again for sharing, looks wonderful. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom