Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Wed. 2/6/19 What's cookin' good lookin'? (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/wed-2-6-19-whats-cookin-good-lookin-101593.html)

Kayelle 02-06-2019 04:54 PM

Wed. 2/6/19 What's cookin' good lookin'?

I have a 3" Rib Eye in the sous vide. I'll be able to stand the cold long enough to sear it off on Wilma tonight, and we'll have loaded spuds and salads.

Simple easy...:yum:

What's on your menu?

jabbur 02-06-2019 05:54 PM

I have choir tonight so I picked up chicken Greek salads from a diner on my way home. Huge salads with grilled chicken in Greek herbs, feta, cukes, tomatoes, olives, onions and a lovely Greek dressing with a warm pita bread.

salt and pepper 02-06-2019 06:12 PM

Pasta night for me.

buckytom 02-06-2019 06:38 PM

DW made Pasta Rustico tonight. Delicioso!

Cheryl J 02-06-2019 07:19 PM

I had a little less than half of a 12 oz. package of surimi in the fridge that I bought on impulse the other day :rolleyes: and needed to use up. I chopped it up, added some diced celery, green onions, a little spinach, and just enough mayo to hold it together. I had a scoop of it over romaine this afternoon. There's a little left, will have it later this evening or tomorrow as a dip with crackers.

Kaneohegirlinaz 02-06-2019 07:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheryl J (Post 1582984)
I had a little less than half of a 12 oz. package of surimi in the fridge that I bought on impulse the other day :rolleyes: and needed to use up. I chopped it up, added some diced celery, green onions, a little spinach, and just enough mayo to hold it together. I had a scoop of it over romaine this afternoon. There's a little left, will have it later this evening or tomorrow as a dip with crackers.

Cheryl, try it with Cocktail Sauce, MMM!!

Attachment 33501

Kaneohegirlinaz 02-06-2019 07:38 PM

What's cookin' good lookin'?

Kayelle, first off, THANKS :lol:

Dinner was going to be Beth's Chicken Green Chile Stew,
but change of plans. I was super busy today,
so its leftover Already Cooked Ground Beef Tacos.
DH is WHINING already that he doesn't want that
tonight, ya know what, TOUGH COOKIES!!! :ermm:

Cheryl J 02-06-2019 07:38 PM

Kgirl....good idea, and thanks! :yum: I always have cocktail sauce on hand.

Kaneohegirlinaz 02-06-2019 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheryl J (Post 1582992)
Kgirl....good idea, and thanks! :yum: I always have cocktail sauce on hand.

Us too Cheryl!
I also add an extra bit (well really a goodly amount)
of Straight Up Horseradish :yum:

Andy M. 02-06-2019 08:04 PM

Store-bought sausage ravioli with my homemade sauce. And I have enough leftover for lunch.

Rocklobster 02-06-2019 08:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Kielbasa and Pirogi with cabbage..

taxlady 02-06-2019 11:42 PM

I made bachelor surprise. Not a spectacular meal, but lots of veg (which we were both craving) and it's a tasty, one pot meal.

buckytom 02-06-2019 11:43 PM

What's "bachelor surprise", taxy?

If I think about it, I begin to get a little scared...

taxlady 02-07-2019 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckytom (Post 1583020)
What's "bachelor surprise", taxy?

If I think about it, I begin to get a little scared...

:lol:
Tonight it was ground beef fried with onions and jalapenos, some frozen "Asian style stir fry" vegis, and rice. All fried in one pan. I always add a bunch of sesame seeds. We serve it with tamari and choice of hot sauces. Basic and simple.

My friend dubbed it "bachelor surprise" because it could be any meat you have in the fridge, already cooked or not, and could be left over veg, could be left over potatoes instead of rice, so it's never exactly the same.

Cooking Goddess 02-07-2019 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocklobster (Post 1583004)
Kielbasa and Pirogi with cabbage..

That looks like a great meal, Roch. I have a "cooking kielbasa"* in the freezer, along with pierogs. All I need is to buy cabbage sometime soon.

I knocked off one grocery store run today. Wanted to shop two, but got out of the house too late to get them both done before weather moved in. Thankfully, we had one more round of leftovers. Himself and I cleaned up the brats and kraut, he finished the mashed potatoes, and braised cabbage - and I had a dish of Greek yogurt with "fresh" cherries I tucked away into our freezer last summer. :yum:

*"cooking kielbasa" - Good enough if you cook it with other ingredients, but not real kielbasa that can stand on its own.

medtran49 02-07-2019 04:53 AM

Craig was on the west coast Monday so he picked up some stone crab claws that we had last night with mustard sauce.

Rocklobster 02-07-2019 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess (Post 1583036)
That looks like a great meal, Roch. I have a "cooking kielbasa"* in the freezer, along with pierogs. All I need is to buy cabbage sometime soon.

*"cooking kielbasa" - Good enough if you cook it with other ingredients, but not real kielbasa that can stand on its own.

These are fresh smoked Polish sausages..we bring them in our freezer section..

cjmmytunes 02-07-2019 08:45 AM

Mom had a Dr appointment yesterday afternoon so we stopped at our favorite Chinese place and got our favorites. Mom had shrimp-fried rice, I got General Tso's Shrimp & shrimp-fried rice combo plate. We split an eggroll and each had a fortune cookie for dessert.

Just Cooking 02-07-2019 09:14 AM

Thawed white beans and ham.. As good as when it was made...:yum:

I baked a single layer, 6" chocolate cake for dessert..

Ross

luckytrim 02-07-2019 09:35 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Left-over Chicken in gravy, over Grand's Biscuits, Southern Home-style...

Since I lost my Life Partner last July, these have saved me from ever having to learn how to make 'em from scratch.... My baking skills across the venue are "Pre-School" at best...

Attachment 33511

Attachment 33512