Voluntary Recall Of Marketside Brand Pre-Cut Green Beans And Butternut Squash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dang, what is going on with our food in this country??? Every time you turn around, there's another recalled food item for some type of bacteria.

Thanks for the head's up. I've bought that stuff before.

I'm going to have to grow more beans this year to freeze, if that's another product that becomes infected! I guess bush beans and butternuts are two more things that can be in contact with the ground, thus prone to these kinds of bacterial diseases.

Dang, what is going on with our food in this country??? Every time you turn around, there's another recalled food item for some type of bacteria.

Seriously! I bought a couple of bags of Goldfish crackers for my grandson a few months ago, only to find that some had been had been recalled due to a salmonella risk. Now I hear it's dog food, again. :ohmy:

Seriously! I bought a couple of bags of Goldfish crackers for my grandson a few months ago, only to find that some had been had been recalled due to a salmonella risk. Now I hear it's dog food, again. :ohmy:

Yes, dog food has also been a major focus of recalls.

As for the Goldfish crackers, I had just purchased a multi pack of single-serve bags prior to that recall coming out and had to toss the whole thing. I don't snack on that kind of stuff often, but my son does. And I didn't want him eating them.

Yes, dog food has also been a major focus of recalls.

As for the Goldfish crackers, I had just purchased a multi pack of single-serve bags prior to that recall coming out and had to toss the whole thing. I don't snack on that kind of stuff often, but my son does. And I didn't want him eating them.

It's scary when our young 'uns have already snacked on recalled items. :ohmy: I also threw away what I had left of the Goldfish crackers, for what it was worth. And I haven't bought any since. Who would've thought....crackers??

It's scary when our young 'uns have already snacked on recalled items. :ohmy: I also threw away what I had left of the Goldfish crackers, for what it was worth. And I haven't bought any since. Who would've thought....crackers??

Very scary indeed.

And yeah... crackers??? I wanted to know more about that, how crackers, of all things, would be recalled for contamination. I think it was the whey that was used in the Goldfish, if I remember correctly. When I heard about that recall, I was like you've got to be kidding me.

At the risk of getting political, the current administration is cutting budgets right and left for regulatory agencies to the point that these agencies can’t do their jobs. The regulations themselves are also being cancelled.

I won’t go further than that.

Joel, we just had a discussion about food safety here last month:

FDA says most food inspections halted amid shutdown

Except that the article from The Hill was a bit of rattling sabers and not completely acurate. Before you (or anyone) thinks that we're all doomed to die from contaminated food, you might want to read over this NPR article:

Don't Panic: The Government Shutdown Isn't Making Food Unsafe

If food safety wasn't going downhill during the shutdown, it certainly won't be now that the government is back up to speed, even if the speed is a bit slower and there are fewer drivers. ;)

Dang, what is going on with our food in this country??? Every time you turn around, there's another recalled food item for some type of bacteria...
Is something going on with food? Or is the testing and reporting just being done more vigilantly? Either way, it's nice to be informed.

That said, I (almost) never by prepped foods. I figure the less fiddling with a raw item, the less chance someone has to muck up my food. I don't even mind peeling and cutting a butternut squash anymore. Practice makes perfect! :LOL: (I've also had practice at stabbing myself with sharp knives...)

Is something going on with food? Or is the testing and reporting just being done more vigilantly? Either way, it's nice to be informed.

Ahh, very good point. I never looked at it that way.

That said, I (almost) never by prepped foods. I figure the less fiddling with a raw item, the less chance someone has to muck up my food. I don't even mind peeling and cutting a butternut squash anymore. Practice makes perfect! :LOL: (I've also had practice at stabbing myself with sharp knives...)

I don't buy prepped foods either. Once in a very great while I might purchase some pasta salad for lunch from the deli case, but I'll only buy it from one particular store. Just a weird thing of mine. I've never had any issues with prepared foods from them (Giant Eagle) so that's the only store I'll buy them from, if I buy them at all. Again, it's rare.

Been there, done that with the sharp knives ;)

Back
Top Bottom