Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Sunday Supper 3/3/19 (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/sunday-supper-3-3-19-a-101769.html)

Kayelle 03-03-2019 05:25 PM

Sunday Supper 3/3/19
 
What's going on at your house today?


I'll be doing my Greek chicken thighs with lemon orzo for supper along with roasted asparagus. :yum:

msmofet 03-03-2019 06:09 PM

Still unsure.

DD's are getting sushi but hub and I don't care for it. I did ask DD to get me clear soup.

Hub may have a fried chicken breast. Not sure what else I will have.

roadfix 03-03-2019 06:49 PM

Panko'd flounder over bed of chopped cabbage, with Bulldog sauce, side of salad, and bier.

Aunt Bea 03-03-2019 07:14 PM

Crumby haddock with a side of broccoli and a banana for dessert.

Cheryl J 03-03-2019 07:17 PM

Kay, I love your recipe for Greek chicken thighs with lemon orzo. I've made it 2 or 3 times since you first posted it. :yum:

I had some leftover homemade lentil soup from yesterday. Since I was really hungry and there wasn't much left, I doctored it up and added a little more chicken broth and some cannellini beans. It hit the spot. Garlicky toasted sourdough bread on the side. Yum.

Just Cooking 03-03-2019 07:23 PM

IP pot roast and roasted veggies..

Ross

tenspeed 03-03-2019 07:24 PM

Stir fry of chicken tenders, asparagus, in a lemon sauce, served over basmati rice.

Andy M. 03-03-2019 08:03 PM

I made a well seasoned lamb and beef meatloaf, roasted potatoes and steamed broccoli.

msmofet 03-03-2019 08:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I had clear soup & edamame for dinner. Strawberry shortcake with coconut non dairy whipped cream topping for dessert.

Attachment 33863

JustJoel 03-03-2019 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmofet (Post 1586404)
I had clear soup & edamame for dinner. Strawberry shortcake with coconut non dairy whipped cream topping for dessert.

Attachment 33863

Hmmm... does it taste like coconut, or just use coconut milk instead of cow’s milk? Products with coconut milk as a sub for cow’s milk sometimes have no coconut flavor.

msmofet 03-03-2019 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustJoel (Post 1586405)
Hmmm... does it taste like coconut, or just use coconut milk instead of cow’s milk? Products with coconut milk as a sub for cow’s milk sometimes have no coconut flavor.

It tastes like coconut. I had it on hot chocolate and shortcake. And it definitely tasted like coconut.

Kaneohegirlinaz 03-03-2019 09:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sounds great everybody!

MsM, I've looked at that Reddi Wip made from Coconut Milk,
but seeing as we are not lactose intolerant, I buy the Extra Creamy :rolleyes:

Attachment 33864

Sunday Supper `round these parts as of late,
has been Pasta.
This weeks' choice was my handmade Fettuccine
with Mussels Marinara for DH
and Shrimp Scampi-Style for moi.
Fresh Ciabatta bread from the local bakery
and a nice glass of vino for moi as well :yum:

Cooking Goddess 03-03-2019 09:47 PM

We had a very tan looking dinner, so no photo of our very tasty patty melts with waffle fries. We also had salads.

msmofet 03-03-2019 09:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneohegirlinaz (Post 1586407)
Sounds great everybody!

MsM, I've looked at that Reddi Wip made from Coconut Milk,
but seeing as we are not lactose intolerant, I buy the Extra Creamy :rolleyes:

Attachment 33864

Sunday Supper `round these parts as of late,
has been Pasta.
This weeks' choice was my handmade Fettuccine
with Mussels Marinara for DH
and Shrimp Scampi-Style for moi.
Fresh Ciabatta bread from the local bakery
and a nice glass of vino for moi as well :yum:

I wanted the Extra Creamy BUT someone mentioned snow and when I got to the store an hour after it opened this morning there was NO more Extra Creamy left. Only almond, coconut & chocolate whipped cream. Nice to know people have their priorities straight!! :huh: :angel:

BTW

Attachment 33865

caseydog 03-03-2019 11:37 PM

I shared a pizza delivered to the hotel tonight. The owner of the company I'm working for this week offerered to take us out to PF Chang's, but only one person took him up on the offer. The rest of us were too tired to go anywhere.

Looks like I'll be home Tuesday night. That will be seven 12+ work hour days in a row. Hopefully I'll have time and energy to cook something on Wednesday.

CD

taxlady 03-03-2019 11:37 PM

We had left overs from yesterday's Indian food.

Cheryl J 03-04-2019 12:09 AM

LOL at the groundhog with the bong, MsM :lol:

Casey...sounds like you could use a few days of rest and relaxing after this past week! :ohmy: :sleep:

medtran49 03-04-2019 06:45 AM

Used the leftover deli meats, olive salad and giardiniera from our muffaletta frittata to make a muffaletta pasta salad plus some leftover boccatini from the freezer, and some fresh grape tomatoes and basil. Really, really good in spite of being a leftover use up stuff meal.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.