Sunday Supper 3/3/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still unsure.

DD's are getting sushi but hub and I don't care for it. I did ask DD to get me clear soup.

Hub may have a fried chicken breast. Not sure what else I will have.

Kay, I love your recipe for Greek chicken thighs with lemon orzo. I've made it 2 or 3 times since you first posted it. :yum:

I had some leftover homemade lentil soup from yesterday. Since I was really hungry and there wasn't much left, I doctored it up and added a little more chicken broth and some cannellini beans. It hit the spot. Garlicky toasted sourdough bread on the side. Yum.

I had clear soup & edamame for dinner. Strawberry shortcake with coconut non dairy whipped cream topping for dessert.

coconut_reddi_wip.jpg

Hmmm... does it taste like coconut, or just use coconut milk instead of cow’s milk? Products with coconut milk as a sub for cow’s milk sometimes have no coconut flavor.
It tastes like coconut. I had it on hot chocolate and shortcake. And it definitely tasted like coconut.

Sounds great everybody!

MsM, I've looked at that Reddi Wip made from Coconut Milk,
but seeing as we are not lactose intolerant, I buy the Extra Creamy :rolleyes:

002.jpg

Sunday Supper `round these parts as of late,
has been Pasta.
This weeks' choice was my handmade Fettuccine
with Mussels Marinara for DH
and Shrimp Scampi-Style for moi.
Fresh Ciabatta bread from the local bakery
and a nice glass of vino for moi as well :yum:

Sounds great everybody!

MsM, I've looked at that Reddi Wip made from Coconut Milk,
but seeing as we are not lactose intolerant, I buy the Extra Creamy :rolleyes:

View attachment 33864

Sunday Supper `round these parts as of late,
has been Pasta.
This weeks' choice was my handmade Fettuccine
with Mussels Marinara for DH
and Shrimp Scampi-Style for moi.
Fresh Ciabatta bread from the local bakery
and a nice glass of vino for moi as well :yum:
I wanted the Extra Creamy BUT someone mentioned snow and when I got to the store an hour after it opened this morning there was NO more Extra Creamy left. Only almond, coconut & chocolate whipped cream. Nice to know people have their priorities straight!! :huh: :angel:

BTW

ground_hog.jpg

I shared a pizza delivered to the hotel tonight. The owner of the company I'm working for this week offerered to take us out to PF Chang's, but only one person took him up on the offer. The rest of us were too tired to go anywhere.

Looks like I'll be home Tuesday night. That will be seven 12+ work hour days in a row. Hopefully I'll have time and energy to cook something on Wednesday.

CD

LOL at the groundhog with the bong, MsM :LOL:

Casey...sounds like you could use a few days of rest and relaxing after this past week! :ohmy: :sleep:

Used the leftover deli meats, olive salad and giardiniera from our muffaletta frittata to make a muffaletta pasta salad plus some leftover boccatini from the freezer, and some fresh grape tomatoes and basil. Really, really good in spite of being a leftover use up stuff meal.

Back
Top Bottom