Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Mar. 10, 2019 - Mario Day Dinner (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/mar-10-2019-mario-day-dinner-101806.html)

tenspeed 03-10-2019 12:37 PM

Mar. 10, 2019 - Mario Day Dinner
 
https://nationaldaycalendar.com/nati...-day-march-10/

I won't be playing Nintendo, but I'll be celebrating National Meatball Day a day late. Greek seasoned meatballs, served over orzo with tzatziki, green salad on the side.

GotGarlic 03-10-2019 01:00 PM

That sounds really good. Maybe I'll make some kind of meatballs, too.

msmofet 03-10-2019 01:51 PM

I am planning to make corned beef. But who knows; plans can change.

Kayelle 03-10-2019 01:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've been waiting a while for this day to come. This morning SC finally found some beautiful big Oxtails, and although they were still $6 lb. they all have lots of meat on the bone.

With the help of Souschef, we'll be having Luckytrim's Oxtail Stew tonight made with these beauties..
https://www.discusscooking.com/forums...ew-101402.html

Cooking Goddess 03-10-2019 03:10 PM

Those are beauties, Kayelle. Mom used to make oxtails often, and I loved them. I never bothered making them, though, since Himself wasn't familiar with them and the price was no longer right.


I'm baking potatoes and making "stuffed" potatoes with ham, broccoli, and cheddar cheese. A bit of sour cream on top, too. Can't wait. :yum: Haven't had these in a while...and they're so simple to make!

Andy M. 03-10-2019 04:47 PM

SO and I will be making another pan of spanakopita for tonight's dinner. I'll make the filling. She has the patience to handle the filo. One veggie or another will round out the meal.

bethzaring 03-10-2019 05:22 PM

Either green chile chicken stew, or beef vegetable soup. I've made garlic croutons for which ever. I am boiling up a 3 pound chunk of corned beef, and have all the fixings for reubens.....so that's an option too!

Kaneohegirlinaz 03-10-2019 05:59 PM

National Middle Name Pride Day! 3/10/2019
 
Today is also National Middle Name Pride Day!

My middle name is:

Kapualeipunahelepiliohana

Which in English means:
The favorite flower lei that brings the family together :flowers:

For Sunday Supper, we're going off our regular Pasta-Italian-Inspired trend and I'm going to make Hamburger Steak with Steamed Rice Gravy and Steamed fresh Green Beans.

[IMG]https://www.discusscooking.com/forums...icture6327.jpg[/IMG]
[file photo from my 'Dinner' album]

We're going to go back on our diet, I mean healthier way of eating for a bit to get bikini ready !!!! :whistling
:w00t:HAWAII HERE WE COME!!!!

msmofet 03-10-2019 07:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Corned beef, cabbage and potatoes.

Attachment 33950

GotGarlic 03-10-2019 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GotGarlic (Post 1587139)
That sounds really good. Maybe I'll make some kind of meatballs, too.

Plan B: burgers and fries with za'atar seasoning. Small salad on the side.

Kayelle 03-10-2019 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneohegirlinaz (Post 1587180)
Today is also National Middle Name Pride Day!

My middle name is:

Kapualeipunahelepiliohana

Which in English means:
The favorite flower lei that brings the family together :flowers:

For Sunday Supper, we're going off our regular Pasta-Italian-Inspired trend and I'm going to make Hamburger Steak with Steamed Rice Gravy and Steamed fresh Green Beans.

[IMG]https://www.discusscooking.com/forums...icture6327.jpg[/IMG]
[file photo from my 'Dinner' album]

We're going to go back on our diet, I mean healthier way of eating for a bit to get bikini ready !!!! :whistling
:w00t:HAWAII HERE WE COME!!!!


Beautiful middle name Kgirl ! My middle name is Mary, only because the priest said he wouldn't baptize me without a "proper " Christian name, so my Baptist Mom said, "well then, you can call her Mary". She was a hoot. :lol:



Beautiful dinner there too!! :yum:

Andy M. 03-10-2019 08:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy M. (Post 1587173)
SO and I will be making another pan of spanakopita for tonight's dinner. I'll make the filling. She has the patience to handle the filo. One veggie or another will round out the meal.

The results.

Kayelle 03-10-2019 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy M. (Post 1587195)
The results.


Ohmygosh....:yum::yum::yum::yum::chef::chef:

Cooking Goddess 03-10-2019 10:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, Andy! *swoon*


First I stuff the potatoes, and then we stuff our faces. Still waiting for dinner to settle before we move on to strawberry shortcakes.
Attachment 33955

Dawgluver 03-10-2019 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy M. (Post 1587195)
The results.

That looks soooo good! :yum:

Cheryl J 03-10-2019 10:16 PM

Wow! Everyone outdid themselves with the fabulous looking dinners! :ohmy::yum:

Kgirl....I love your middle name and it's meaning, and tried several times to pronounce it. :smile: Your dinner looks wonderful with all that rich gravy.

Andy...your spanakopita looks mouth watering.

Kay...I may have to check out oxtails. I haven't really looked for them before, but it brings back memories of my mama's stew.

MsM....I'm looking forward to a corned beef dinner this time of year. Will get one at the market in a few days, along with the fixin's. Thank you for the reminder, and the yummy looking pic.

CG...that stuffed potato dish...OMGosh. Looks lovely, and that's one of my go-to meals, because I can use up a lot of 'stuff' with that dish!

I had a tray of various goodies this afternoon. Ham, assorted cheeses, olives and pickles, crackers, strawberries, and a sliced apple. I'll have the chocolate drumstick ice cream cone I bought at the mini mart today for dessert, a little later. :yum:

Kayelle 03-10-2019 11:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayelle (Post 1587151)
I've been waiting a while for this day to come. This morning SC finally found some beautiful big Oxtails, and although they were still $6 lb. they all have lots of meat on the bone.

With the help of Souschef, we'll be having Luckytrim's Oxtail Stew tonight made with these beauties..
https://www.discusscooking.com/forums...ew-101402.html


Here's the end of the story. I remember now why I love those sucking off the bone tender oxtails so much, SC has a new taste treat, and we have a freezer casserole put away for another meal. It was a day well spent. :chef:

Cheryl J 03-10-2019 11:56 PM

:ohmy: Looks delicious, Kay and SC. :yum:

rodentraiser 03-11-2019 05:26 AM

I finally made a roast chicken. I swear, I thought the thing would never thaw. It was in the fridge 3 days. Then old smart me watched the video recipe (salt roasted chicken) and put it in the oven for the same time. Only problem is, the video was using a 4 pound chicken and mine was 6 pounds. So back in the oven it went. I just finished eating an hour ago. But it was good and the skin is so crispy and delicious.

Tomorrow: chicken sandwiches.

luckytrim 03-11-2019 09:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Last Night's Air-Fryer Chicken Breast over Rice with an Orange Sauce, Cut Green Beans with 'old' friends..... Macaroni Salad, not pictured...


Attachment 33959


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.