What's on the menu Friday 3/22/2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I have planned roast beef, mashed, baby spinach and burgundy gravy for dinner tonight.

March 22
•National Goof Off Day
•National Bavarian Crepes Day
•National West Virginia Day

DD and I are going out to do a couple errands then probably just goof off for awhile.

I'm trying to figure out what I should make. I just have to make sure I have enough spoons for whatever it is.

Start now and do some, then rest, then do some more. I'm still trying to get into that habit. Take care, friend [emoji813]

Yeah, I have been trying to make that a habit.

But, it looks like we will be ordering Indian food. Stirling's preference tonight, and I certainly enjoy it.

Kayelle posted an inspiring photo of stuffed shells last week:

attachment.php

I don't know if mine will be as tasty, but I'll make an effort tonight. We'll have salad along the side.

We had eye round roast beef, mashed red and Yukon potatoes, steamed baby spinach and burgundy gravy for dinner tonight.

Life got crazy so no pictures.

We had appointments in town today
so we decided last night that we'd
go over to this restaurant that a mutual
friend and her husband own (they're from
Kaneohe too, in fact they still have their home
just 2 streets over from the home that we
sold).

It's Aloha Friday, so we went with 'local-style' plates for Linner :yum:

IMG_4003.jpg
[doesn't that look simply delicious?]

I had the Special plate for this Friday,
Kalbi Short Ribs, served with 2 scoop Rice,
1 scoop Mac Salad, Lomi Salmon and a
piece of either Haupia or Butter Mochi,
I went with the Butter Mochi.
MAN!
I haven't Kalbi or Butter Mochi in forever!!

IMG_4002.jpg

DH ordered the Ahi (Tuna) Shoyu (Soy Sauce) Poke Bowl
and a Chicken Katsu Musubi, which I didn't get a picture of
`cuz I was too busy yackin' away with Celeste :LOL: and DH
ate it! He said it had too much Shoyu on it though.

** In Hawaii, we say Kalbi rather than Galbi as Koreans would

If we get puckish later in the evening, I have some leftovers
I could heat up.

Fridays have become my "evening out" days. I work from home, so I don't get enough "people" time. There are a few places nearby with good bar food that I go to, where people are friendly, and you can strike up a conversation at the bar.

I just had appetizers this evening. I may have a sandwich later, if I get hungry. I did have a good conversation with someone who turned out to be a friend of one of my friends.

If it doesn't rain, I'll probably grill something good tomorrow.

CD

Good lookin' dinners, CG and Kgirl. :yum:

CG, I love stuffed shells. A couple times a year I make a batch of them and vacuum seal, unsauced, in dinner sized portions. Then all I have to do is thaw and sauce them, reheat, and top with some extra parm. They freeze well.

I had some cheddar and Monterey jack cheese that needed using, so I threw together a couple of cheese enchiladas. I had some enchilada sauce in the freezer. Refried black beans and a small salad were sides. :yum:

I had some cheddar and Monterey jack cheese that needed using, so I threw together a couple of cheese enchiladas. I had some enchilada sauce in the freezer. Refried black beans and a small salad were sides. :yum:

Cheese enchiladas are a regular on my "Fridays Out" circuit. :yum:

CD

Fridays have become my "evening out" days. I work from home, so I don't get enough "people" time. There are a few places nearby with good bar food that I go to, where people are friendly, and you can strike up a conversation at the bar.

I just had appetizers this evening. I may have a sandwich later, if I get hungry. I did have a good conversation with someone who turned out to be a friend of one of my friends.

If it doesn't rain, I'll probably grill something good tomorrow.

CD

Casey, I now have this song stuck in my head. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS0VQOHX7lM

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom