Happy Aloha Friday ~ May, 3 2019 ~ From Honolulu Hawaii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
CHEE HOO!

ALOHA everyone!

Today, we've started out our day in a very typical "Local" way:

Portugese Sausage Eggs and Rice in Honolulu.jpg

I made us two Portuguese Sausage Eggs and Rice
(we say it as though it were one word :))

We're headed over to KANEOHE for the day and will
probably have linner at one of our favorite joints
on the other side of the Island of Oahu.

Oh yeah, did I mention that we're in Hawaii?

May Day in Hawaii 2019.jpg

What are you having to eat today?

Aloha! We're having spanakopita (we say it as one word) and salad for dinner.

Oh, did I mention we are NOT in Hawaii?! :ROFLMAO:

I'm not going to be eating pizza in Hawaii.

BTW, why don't you guys go to Hawaii in January, when it is cold in Cowboyville?

CD

Aloha!

Asian tonight.

Seafood salad, shrimp and squid this time, over a bed of grated carrots and sliced cucumbers, with a kimchi base/honey dressing.

Vege tempura, sweet potato, zucchini and mushrooms, with a sauce made from soft peak whipped cream and wasabi.

Beef tataki, heavily black peppered, seared tenderloin marinated in soy sauce, mirin, garlic, green onions, with a homemade ponzu sauce.

full

full

full

Last edited:
Rub it in. We're 48 F and off and on rain. I thought we were going to have just a cloudy afternoon, so I took my bike to the grocery store, but it started raining on the way back. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Dinner tonight was a stir fry of shrimp, asparagus, and water chestnuts, served over rice.

Pot roast (chuck roast, mushroom caps, onion soup mix, burgundy wine) made in the Instant Pot, mashed Yukons, pot jus and buttered steamed string beans.

pot_roast_050319_IMG_5786.jpg

I am having second thoughts. It is not raining, for the first day all week. I may grill up a cheeseburger instead of baking a pizza. I'll keep you posted... I'm sure you won't be able to sleep if don't tell you what I decided on.

CD

Aloha back, K-Girl! Have a wonderful visit home.

Lovely looking dinners tonight. I made "all my life's a circle" salads (everything cut into discs) and made more Philly cheese steak sandwiches with the leftovers. Blackberry-peach shortcakes later, during Blue Bloods
IMG_20190503_211504357_HDR.jpg

Aloha K-girl and everyone's nice looking dinners! I had the other half of the gyro left over from lunch with a friend. Still cold, rainy, and distinctly untropical here.

Aloha! Kgirl and the Mr., you two sure are on the go a lot. :) Enjoy your trip in beautiful Hawaii!

Fabulous looking dinners, everyone. :yum: Med....I love those serving plates. I've been craving a loaded up cheese enchilada dinner with rice and beans and just as I was starting the prep this afternoon, I got a call from my daughter about joining her, SIL, and the grands up at their cabin in the Sierras this weekend.
018.jpg
046.jpg

So, the enchilada dinner got put on hold, and I'm packing. Scrounged some leftovers instead. :) See y'all Sunday!

Last edited:
I've been craving a loaded up cheese enchilada dinner with rice and beans and just as I was starting the prep this afternoon,

I love cheese and onion enchiladas with rice and beans, smothered in chili con carne. There is a joint near me that makes them just right. I actually thought about going there tonight, but decided to stay home.

Oh, for those of you wondering what I decided to eat, I went with the burger. Topped with cheddar and some spicy mayo. You can go to sleep now that you know what my decision was. Sorry to keep you awake.

CD ;)

Last edited:
ALOHA GUYS!

We went over to "the windward side of Oahu" to Kailua,
the next town over from KANEOHE.

We went shopping at our favorite Art Store and DH
got himself some gorgeous wall art.

Then lunch was in order

Maui Brewing Bikini blonde.jpg

Maui Brewing Co. Bikini Blonde, yum

Nico's Poke Bow May 3 2019.jpg

DH's Shoyu Ahi Bowl

Nico's Kailua.jpg

My Garlic Pesto Shrimp

It's a good thing that that meal was earlier than we usually have lunch!

We stopped at our favorite grocery store on the way
back to the apartment and got some fish

dinner may 3 2019.jpg
diner may 3.jpg
DH's plate, New Zealand Green Lip Mussel Poke,
Kamaboko (steamed fish cake), steamed rice, Cucumber Kim Chee,
Lomi Lomi Salmon and in the middle is
Shoyu Salmon Poke
my dinner may 3.jpg
My plate, Lomi, rice, kim chee and Garlic Shrimp Poke

Another good thing, we walk about 3 miles each day! :LOL:

ALOHA GUYS!
Another good thing, we walk about 3 miles each day! :LOL:

Speaking of walking, are you going to any of the other islands? A lot of walking in nature opportunities there. I hiked up to the top of a mountain in Kawaii (I was much younger), and it was better than meds. I sat there with my head literally in the clouds.

CD

Speaking of walking, are you going to any of the other islands? A lot of walking in nature opportunities there. I hiked up to the top of a mountain in Kawaii (I was much younger), and it was better than meds. I sat there with my head literally in the clouds.

CD

Y'know C-Dog, we don't go to the outer Islands,
mostly because it's cost prohibitive.
My Dad's family is from Hawaii Island, where the
active Volcano is; I spent alot of time there
as a younger person, as well DH and I would go
to Maui ALOT when I was in the Travel Industry.
I'd get comps all the time ;)
That was also when round trip airfare was less than $25
Now, you're talkin' well north of $100 + car rental + hotel $$$$$$$$$

I'm not going to be eating pizza in Hawaii.

BTW, why don't you guys go to Hawaii in January, when it is cold in Cowboyville?

CD

C-Dog, the weather in Hawaii during the Winter months, IMHO,
is pretty crumby and it ain't too bad in Cowboyville.
:LOL:
In fact, that's what DH and I were just talking about.
The last coupla days here in Honolulu have been real windy,
rainy and overcast for the most part.
But that's typical for the first week maybe here.
Next week will be gorgeous beach weather,
and we'll be getting our brown-on ... CHEE HOO!

Back
Top Bottom