What are you eating Monday June 10, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Lunch was Rotisserie chicken and salad (Trader Joe's Sorrento blend greens, Trader Joe's Wild baby arugula, dandelion greens, black olives, green olives, anchovy fillet, grape tomatoes, smokehouse almonds, Trader Joe's dried tart cherries, feta cheese, fresh mozzarella pearls and stuffed grape leaves) dressed with EVOO, red wine vinegar and spices.
That's on a small luncheon plate but I only ate half. I saved what was left for later. I don't mind wilted salad.

lunch_salad_chicken_061019_IMG_5875.jpg

June 10

Last edited:
I have planned:
Kalua Pork & Cabbage
New Zealand Green Lip Mussel Poke
sliced Kamaboko
and the ever present steamed White Rice

… that's my plan anyways, but stuff happens :ermm:

DH has an appointment later this afternoon with
an Orthopedic Surgeon … it's a great possibility
that he torn his left Bicep while removing
luggage from the overhead bin on our return
flight from Hawaii :(
Positive thoughts and prayers would be most helpful

Every day is iced tea day and herbs and spices day for me!

And lately, every day has been greens day for me, as I can't harvest them as fast as they grow! They are all 'cut and come again' varieties, and only one bok choy variety has bolted, though it then became yu choy, with an even better taste. Tonight, I'm going to make a version of that Skillet Cabbage, posted by luckytrim, but using senposai, in place of cabbage. This is a cross between cabbage and komatsuna. Here's a photo of it 3 days ago - it had grown even more, by the time I harvested some today.
Senposai, 6-7 by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Last edited:
Jeannie had a hankering for a fried egg sandwich, so I said, "Go for it."

For the first 10 years of our 25 together, I tried to duplicate what she does to that sandwich but, finally gave up.. I have no idea what she does but, I actually salivate when she is making them.. :LOL:

We will have tapioca pudding later.. :yum:

Ross

SO and I took a ride to Hampton Beach, NH to get a dose of ocean and beach (and seafood) following a crappy Spring. We had lunch at an ocean-side restaurant consisting of calamari, sea scallops and lobster roll with fries and onion rings.

As a result, neither of us has a big appetite so we'll just graze for dinner.

Kaneoh--you and yours are in my thoughts. Hoping he heals well. That is really tough.
Pepper--nice garden of greens. A salad, a saute, a smoothie, a wrap.

Pizza

-whole wheat bread dough, into a crust.

Tomato sauce, sprinkled with onion and garlic powder, oregano, salt.
Sliced raw mushrooms
chopped green pepper
cooked diced onion
slice black olives
No-cheeze sauce (no dairy) drizzled on top.
Baked and enjoyed.

I won't forget to put pineapple on the next one.

Local supermarket has dry scallops on sale for $11.99 / lb. this week, so I bit. Dinner was grilled scallops, white basmati with sun dried tomatoes and scallions, house salad.

Andy - go to the Seaglass restaurant in Salisbury MA at high tide on a rough day. The waves hitting the restaurant are impressive.

What wonderful sounding dinners this evening. MsM, your dish looks scrumptious, and Pepperhead, what a beautiful looking garden bounty.

Ross, every now and then I love a fried egg sandwich. You've inspired me, I think I'll have one for breakfast tomorrow. :yum: Maybe it tastes so good to you is because it is being prepared for you - sometimes food tastes better when someone you love makes it. :LOL:

I had a nibble tray again for this afternoon's dinner. Thinly sliced smoked salmon, olives, a garlic dill pickle spear, sliced mozzarella and Milton's "Everything" crackers (love those), pink lady apple wedges, and a deviled egg. Sounds like a lot, but I only had a bit of some of them.

Last edited:
Local supermarket has dry scallops on sale for $11.99 / lb. this week, so I bit. Dinner was grilled scallops, white basmati with sun dried tomatoes and scallions, house salad.

Andy - go to the Seaglass restaurant in Salisbury MA at high tide on a rough day. The waves hitting the restaurant are impressive.

Thanks for the tip. We were in Hampton at the Sea Ketch. Across the street from the beach.

Pan Fried Pork Loin with Apples, Onions, Roasted Beets and Sage

SswqEUw.jpg

I was not in the mood for cooking tonight, but I was feeling sorry for the chicken breasts I moved from freezer to fridge. I had planned on chicken parmesan. I ended up Griddler-ing chicken cutlets, topping with tomato slices and mozz cheese, and broiling just enough to melt it. Made a light sauce from canned whole tomatoes, red wine, dried seasonings, and fresh garlic cloves. WW spaghetti and grilled zuccs and yellow squash completed the meal.
IMG_20190610_224428624_HDR.jpg

We had skillet browned thick "porterhouse" pork chops smothered in Golden Mushroom Soup with a dash of Amontillado, and finished in the oven.
Oven roasted asparagus and garlic toast were on the side.

i have planned:
Kalua pork & cabbage
new zealand green lip mussel poke
sliced kamaboko
and the ever present steamed white rice

… that's my plan anyways, but stuff happens :ermm:

Dh has an appointment later this afternoon with
an orthopedic surgeon … it's a great possibility
that he torn his left bicep while removing
luggage from the overhead bin on our return
flight from hawaii :(
Positive thoughts and prayers would be most helpful

IMG_4341.jpg

What wonderful sounding dinners this evening. MsM, your dish looks scrumptious, and Pepperhead, what a beautiful looking garden bounty.

Ross, every now and then I love a fried egg sandwich. You've inspired me, I think I'll have one for breakfast tomorrow. :yum: Maybe it tastes so good to you is because it is being prepared for you - sometimes food tastes better when someone you love makes it. :LOL:

I had a nibble tray again for this afternoon's dinner. Thinly sliced smoked salmon, olives, a garlic dill pickle spear, sliced mozzarella and Milton's "Everything" crackers (love those), pink lady apple wedges, and a deviled egg. Sounds like a lot, but I only had a bit of some of them.

There is truth to that.. :)

What makes Jeannie's so good is her ability to cook the eggs to the perfect consistency for a sandwich.. Soft yolk but not a runny yolk and perfectly seasoned.. I have been unable to duplicate hers..

Ross

Back
Top Bottom