What are you eating Friday July 12, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Lunch was stove top grilled skirt steak (topped with homemade garlic butter and Trader Joe's Everything but the bagel seasoning) and creamed spinach.

skirt_steak_creamed_spinach_070219_IMG_6005.jpg

Tonight may be stew.

July 12th

Stew meat is in the Instant pot. When meat is done the veggies will be added and cooked an additional 3 minutes. Dinner stew will be done in a total time of about 1 1/2 hours.

Then I will find a cave to hide in. I have a monster migraine. I feel nauseous from the migraine so I'm not sure if I will even eat. But I will try to snap a picture.

Stew meat is in the Instant pot. When meat is done the veggies will be added and cooked an additional 3 minutes. Dinner stew will be done in a total time of about 1 1/2 hours.

Then I will find a cave to hide in. I have a monster migraine. I feel nauseous from the migraine so I'm not sure if I will even eat. But I will try to snap a picture.
Msmofet, I'm so sorry to hear that you're in such pain. Please take care of yourself. One of your daughters could finish, couldn't they? Hugs.

DH is out golfing with friends tonight. It's become a habit for him to pick up takeout from the Middle Eastern place downtown on his way home, so no cooking for me tonight. Instead, I'm going to make tuna salad and a loaf of bread for lunches over the weekend.

Msmofet, I'm so sorry to hear that you're in such pain. Please take care of yourself. One of your daughters could finish, couldn't they? Hugs.

I'm also sorry to hear about the migraine. If it is possible, then having someone else finish that meal sounds like the thing to do. My migraines seldom hurt very badly and I wouldn't want to be dealing with that, if I had a migraine.

(((Great big, quiet hugs)))

...I have a monster migraine. I feel nauseous from the migraine so I'm not sure if I will even eat...
Sorry about that, msm. I can't even think of how bad that can me. A very gentle "Mom kiss" to your forehead. I hope it makes it go away - it worked for my kids boo-boos. ;)

I have a nice sized chunk of ham left from the other day, but it will look rather sad on our plates if I divide it and serve it as-is. Instead, I'm mixing it into mac-and-cheese and baking. We'll have lots of broccoli on the side, since salads will be the starring feature for supper in the coming hot-as-Hades days head. (I shouldn't complain. We certainly don't get Katie H weather by us.)

While SO is in FL, I'm eating meals that are non SO friendly.

Tonight's dinner will be spaghetti carbonara. One of my all-time favorites.

I was thinking about making Dragon Lady sesame noodles, but I'm not feeling it. And now, I have a headache. Stirling wants something spicy hot, because he's feeling a bit ill and feels that spicy food helps. He is ordering Thai for us.

Mushrooms, peas, rice. Made a catalina dressing and a bbq sauce for when the mood strike us to have either one.

Thank you everyone.

Dinner Beef Stew (total cook time 1:15).

stew_071219_IMG_6008.jpg

Hoping you feel better soon, MsM. Dinner looks lovely.
I made egg salad yesterday and nibbled on that for dinner. Celery sticks for dipping. I had a little bit of roasted red pepper hummus left and had that too, along with a cut up apple.

I made another one of the raw tomato pastas, this time with over 50 oz of diced up tomatoes, a bunch of minced garlic, a few chopped up green olives, along with a bunch more chopped up kalamata olives, some EVOO, some chopped capers, some minced anchovies, and a LOT of basil again. This time I added some quinoa and cannellini beans to the pasta.
Finished dish, over 4 qts. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

This is also what I'll be having for breakfast in the morning!

Last edited:
We revisited with the Two Hot Tamales (anybody remember them from Food Network? ) via their Mesa Mexicana cookbook. Nachos with refried black beans, Chipotle salsa, and homemade tortilla chips. Plus, we also had plantain empanadas. Dough was ripe plantains and bananas. Filling was poblano chilis, cheese and some of the refried beans. Didn't get a picture of them mainly because I couldn't figure out a way to make them pretty, but they were very good.

We have a dozen tortillas left so we'll be having some kind of tacos next week. Those fresh made tortillas (corn) are too good to waste.

Attachments

• 2019-07-13 05.37.57.jpg
    2019-07-13 05.37.57.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 89
I made another one of the raw tomato pastas, this time with over 50 oz of diced up tomatoes, a bunch of minced garlic, a few chopped up green olives, along with a bunch more chopped up kalamata olives, some EVOO, some chopped capers, some minced anchovies, and a LOT of basil again. This time I added some quinoa and cannellini beans to the pasta.

This is also what I'll be having for breakfast in the morning!

Very nice, although I could do without the quinoa. You already have pasta.

But, the quinoa wouldn't stop me from eating it. ;)

CD

Last Night's Grilled (Cast Iron) Rib Eye on a bed of Grilled Peppers, Baby Yukons, and leftie Little Ears....

I probably could have found a better plate, to highlight the Peppers...

Ribeye.jpg

Back
Top Bottom