7-16-2019 Dinner Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
We're just eating - surely many of you are done and cleaned up. I made caprese-ish salads on a bed of chopped romaine, and shrimp salad sandwiches.

How's 'bout you?

Taco Tuesday. I'm doing some fajitas, but using sirloin instead of skirt steak.

CD

One of my mom's favorite sandwiches was a meatloaf sandwich made, of course, with leftover meatloaf. She always ate it with Miracle Whip and onions. So growing up eating her meatloaf sandwiches, that's how I eat mine to this day. However, sometimes I stuff the meatloaf and onions into pita bread, after spreading the inside of the pita pockets with Miracle Whip, and that's what I'm having tonight, along with some chicken soup with pearl pasta.

Miracle Whip and onions, Linda? Well, to each his own. ;) I like mine with loads of ketchup. Just ketchup. It is the ONLY time I use ketchup as a condiment.

Tonight's shrimp sandwich - delicious but oh so sloppy! (I used too much mayo. )

IMG_20190716_221333299.jpg

We had pizza reheated on the electric skillet with the lid on.

Aha, nice to see this. That is the ONLY way I'll eat leftover pizza. Gets the crust nice and crispy.

Miracle Whip and onions, Linda? Well, to each his own. ;) I like mine with loads of ketchup. Just ketchup. It is the ONLY time I use ketchup as a condiment.

Tonight's shrimp sandwich - delicious but oh so sloppy! (I used too much mayo. )

View attachment 35641

That sandwich looks yummy!

And yep, Miracle Whip and onions. I kind of grew up eating it that way, so it's all I knew and I love the taste.

Grilled ham and cheese sandwich on rye, and a bowl of Progresso chunky tomato soup with shredded parm reg.

Pizza from the local pizza joint. I like my leftover pizza reheated in the toaster oven. Gets nice and crispy and I don't have to stand there and watch it ;)

With SO in FL, I went out to dinner with my sister. She chose a nice restaurant where I had prime rib and garlic mashed followed by creme brûlée. She had grilled lamb chops, butternut squash and a chocolate profiterole.

...That sandwich looks yummy!...
Thanks! It was very, very sloppy. Himself wasn't pleased. Next time I'll just put it on a bed of lettuce and serve the rolls on the side. :LOL:

I don't "do" raw onions, Linda, except for a few strands in a particular salad that absolutely requires it. If I eat raw onions, everything else tastes like raw onions to me. Not fun when you get to dessert. :LOL:

Pizza from the local pizza joint. I like my leftover pizza reheated in the toaster oven. Gets nice and crispy and I don't have to stand there and watch it ;)

No watching needed with an electric skillet. I prefer it to the toaster oven for reheating pizza. Putting the lid on turns it into a mini oven.

Fried Chicken, Roasted Baby Yukons with a dollop of Sour Cream, Chopped Collards and Leftie Black Beans with onion...

Chicken, Fried.jpg

Brunch after DD went for blood work was grilled american cheese and tomato on sliced bread from farm market. (It is a rectangle loaf of Italian type bread. It was nice and crispy. Great flavor. I will be buying my bread there from now on.) and tomato soup.

Dinner was a deli sandwich - 1/2 a smoked turkey breast, lettuce and mayo on a long roll.

LOL Linda....good stuff! :yum:

You really can't go wrong with soup and sandwiches. So many different options.

The toaster oven works, but it gets the pizza toppings too dry. I put leftover pizza either in a skillet or the electric griddle (mostly skillet because my griddle isn't out all the time) then cover the pizza with aluminum foil. I usually zap the pizza in the microwave for about 30 seconds before putting it into the skillet to give it a head start on being heated through, then use the skillet to crisp the bottom. The foil traps the heat and gets the pizza even hotter while the crust crisps up.

Thanks! It was very, very sloppy. Himself wasn't pleased. Next time I'll just put it on a bed of lettuce and serve the rolls on the side. :LOL:

I don't "do" raw onions, Linda, except for a few strands in a particular salad that absolutely requires it. If I eat raw onions, everything else tastes like raw onions to me. Not fun when you get to dessert. :LOL:

I don't have an electric skillet, so I'd have to do it on the stovetop. Whatever works! [emoji2]

I loooooooove onions. I eat them pretty much daily. Raw cooked, doesn't matter. I'm an onion fanatic. I also eat a lot of avocado.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom