Posting pics? Procedure?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Recipes Make Magic

Senior Cook
Please help - I have very limited PC skills & need to know how to obtain the URL of a photo (which is asked for when I click on the picture icon in this forum). The pic is in my PC's' Pictures Library"

there is a short cut way which I use, compliments of ... umm Andy or Craig?

While you are in "Reply to Thread" scroll down to "Additional Options".
Second box down it says "Attach Files"
In that box clic on 'Manage Attachments'

a box will open up that says..
Choose Files, clic there and you can go to your pictures, clic on the one you want. You can add several, hold the Ctl key or do them separately.
Follow instructions after that.

But there are a few limitations - I can't turn my pic around and I'm sure there are other things but this works for me.

there is a short cut way which I use, compliments of ... umm Andy or Craig?

While you are in "Reply to Thread" scroll down to "Additional Options".
Second box down it says "Attach Files"
In that box clic on 'Manage Attachments'

a box will open up that says..
Choose Files, clic there and you can go to your pictures, clic on the one you want. You can add several, hold the Ctl key or do them separately.
Follow instructions after that.

But there are a few limitations - I can't turn my pic around and I'm sure there are other things but this works for me.

Many thanks - I'll give it a try

ok - everything seemed to work out the way you described - right up to 'click on the one you want'

there were no instructions following that, at least none that I could see and understand,

when I went back to the 'addt'l options' section, under ' attach files'
this had appeared: verbatim - it looked like a link, which said:

IMG_762_ enchiladas(2).JPG(82.3KB)

(this is a photo of my chicken enchiladas, which I want to post)

Is that a URL ?

What do I do now to get it into the reply box - ?

Last edited:
ok - everything seemed to work out the way you described - right up to 'click on the one you want'

there were no instructions following that, at least none that I could see and understand,

when I went back to the 'addt'l options' section, under ' attach files'
this had appeared: verbatim:

IMG_762_ enchiladas(2).JPG(82.3KB)

(above is a photo of my chicken enchiladas)

Is that a URL ?

What do I do now to get it into the reply box - ?

Using the Attachments feature is a different way to get the image into the post. Just finish and post and your photo should be there.

Many thanks GG - it worked - as you likely already know.
I thought I needed to somehow move the link of the picture that appeared, into the 'reply to thread' box first - it obviously gets moved there automatically.

You could also make an album in your profile here and upload the picture. Go to "User CP" and in the left column, there is a link for "Pictures & Albums". Once you have uploaded your picture there, have a look at the picture. Below the picture you should see the URL for the picture.

You could also make an album in your profile here and upload the picture. Go to "User CP" and in the left column, there is a link for "Pictures & Albums". Once you have uploaded your picture there, have a look at the picture. Below the picture you should see the URL for the picture.

Thanks, that's very helpful.

Another option which is what I do for most forums is to post the picture to imgur. They will give you links that you can use on websites/forums.

Ok, but once I've opened the link to Albums & Pictures, there are no instructions -at least I don't see any - what's the procedure to upload pictures - how exactly do I go about doing that ?

Ok, but once I've opened the link to Albums & Pictures, there are no instructions -at least I don't see any - what's the procedure to upload pictures - how exactly do I go about doing that ?

I don't remember what it looks like without any albums or pictures. Do you see anything that says "Add Album" or "Upload Pictures"?

I don't remember what it looks like without any albums or pictures. Do you see anything that says "Add Album" or "Upload Pictures"?

No - absolutely nothing - this is what's so frustrating for a limited PC skills person - I need someone to tell me what I need to do, or go to, to upload pics from my library of Docs or Pics - a precise procedure.

This is what the FAQ says about it: Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums - FAQ: User Profile Features

What does it look like when you click the Albums & Pictures link?

Thanks for taking the time to help me learn something new.

With this 'albums' feature, I just had a dumb brain lapse - finally realized that all I had to do was fill in the 3 small boxes that arose in order to actually open a new album - i.e. select from the menu of various food categories, give the album a title, and briefly identify it's use/purpose.

Once that was done, an album was created, which then produced action when clicking on the 'upload pics' feature by bringing up the 'browse' box - so simple - all the while I was stupidly looking for instructions to tell me what to do, instead of just completing the boxes shown after clicking on the 'albums' feature.

So, I finally got it done - thanks again.

Last edited:
There are advantages to storing pix on DC. A while back one of the hosting companies changed its policies. I think you couldn't link your pix unless you had a paid subscription. In any case, a whole bunch of picture links here quit working. That won't happen with pix hosted here.

There are advantages to storing pix on DC. A while back one of the hosting companies changed its policies. I think you couldn't link your pix unless you had a paid subscription. In any case, a whole bunch of picture links here quit working. That won't happen with pix hosted here.

LOL... Careful taxy! I was once a member of another very popular forum, when it closed I lost a fair amount of info. (but at least my pics were on my 'puter) Never say never! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

I've never used a photo hosting service. Never felt the need. All my photos are on my laptop. When I want to post a photo, DC's software allows me to select photo from my photo files and post it here. Although my photos are full-sized, DC's software resizes it so it works here. Easy peasy.

Back
Top Bottom