Sous Vide Long Cook Roast Beef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kayelle that looks delicious.

Ditto. When I was in FL, my brother was also there and he brought his Anovo sous vide circulator. He cooked the marinated chicken breasts for an hour and then finished it on the grill. It was very tender and tasty. My first experience with sous vide.

Maybe I'll look for my own circulator around Black Friday time?

A cool thing about sous vide is that it is easy to share information, since all circulators do the same thing, no matter what brand or style.

CD

Yep, I have early models that were expensive, cheap Chinese made ones and a water oven. They all do the same thing. They heat water to a controlled temp.

Since we don't have a Sous Vide forum yet, I'm bumping this thread to ask a question.

Does anyone know if it's safe to use the liquid from the sous vide bag, or should it be boiled it before using?

The juices in the bag should be as safe as the meat they’re with. I see recipes that include using the liquid for a sauce. Lots of flavor in the juices. Especially if you seasoned (salt pepper herbs spices) the meat before cooking it.

Very interesting link GG. Thanks.

Maybe I'm just over thinking this Andy. Last night I made a mushroom gravy for my S.V. pork chops and used some of the bag liquid to thin it out without cooking it further. That's when the over thinking started about the juices only being 145 degrees, the same as the pork. Now that I think about it further, the juices along with the meat had been pasteurized for the required length of time to do the safety job.
The gravy was delicious by the way.

Since we don't have a Sous Vide forum yet, I'm bumping this thread to ask a question.

Does anyone know if it's safe to use the liquid from the sous vide bag, or should it be boiled it before using?

I use the juices, but usually cook them to reduce them down to more of a sauce consistency.

If the meat is safe, then the juices should be safe. I just cook them to thicken them up a bit.

CD

About garlic and Sous Vide.

I recently learned not to include fresh raw garlic in your cooking bags. The garlic never cooks, and there is a question of some danger from using it. Powdered garlic seems to be the garlic of choice for flavor, and I use Penzey's Roasted Garlic Granules. I love garlic.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom