Smokeless Indoor Grill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
I have a Breville smart grill. Works great but it seems to me that normal usage and care the plates should last longer than a few months. They are now getting rusty.Everything sticks and it fills the kitchen up with smoke and the stink of burgers. Replacements are around $50.00 a plate. I expected the last set I bought 4 months ago to last.It's not economical to keep replacing them.

As much as we all love grilling here I'm thinking of an alternative.
Amazon has 2 smokeless grills that I'm looking at.

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Smok...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

https://www.amazon.com/Simple-Livin...smokel,electronics,209&sr=1-6#customerReviews

I like the Phillips but watching a video it seems like it tilts around.
People say not to use it on marble countertops.

Simple living looks almost exactly like the Phillips. Just less expensive.

Which one would you pick?
I know nothing is exactly smokless. For as much as we enjoy a good Q, doing it outside isn't always feasible. Those bags of charcoal get heavy.
I hate the wind.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thankies

Munky.

Munky, you could easily buy an outdoor propane gas grill for the price of those, and not have to deal with heavy charcoal. I know you live in California too, and it's a rare day I can't grill outside. When I can't, or don't want to, my stove top grill works fine under my outside vented stove fan. I wouldn't want to deal with the storage of those kitchen units, but that's just me.

I have a Breville smart grill. Works great but it seems to me that normal usage and care the plates should last longer than a few months. They are now getting rusty.Everything sticks and it fills the kitchen up with smoke and the stink of burgers. Replacements are around $50.00 a plate. I expected the last set I bought 4 months ago to last.It's not economical to keep replacing them...
Munky Honey, if that thing is only four months old and having rust issues, I suggest you go all Badger on them. ;) For the $$$ you spent on it, it should have at least a one year warranty. I have a similar Cuisinart Griddler that is over ten years old and still looking new-ish. And YES, I do cook on it! :LOL:

Kayelle's suggestion is good, too. If you want a more charred result, a small propane grill could be an option.

Munky, you could easily buy an outdoor propane gas grill for the price of those, and not have to deal with heavy charcoal. I know you live in California too, and it's a rare day I can't grill outside. When I can't, or don't want to, my stove top grill works fine under my outside vented stove fan. I wouldn't want to deal with the storage of those kitchen units, but that's just me.

I agree with your suggestion.

I have never been disappointed by Philips products of any kind, whether they are kitchen toys or grooming products. That said, if you scroll down to the bottom of the Amazon page, you will discover that you can buy the same Philips grill, refurbished, for half the price. That is what I would go with.

Munky Honey, if that thing is only four months old and having rust issues, I suggest you go all Badger on them. ;) For the $$$ you spent on it, it should have at least a one year warranty...

I agree with CG. No excuse for the plates to crap out so quickly.

We had a beauty of an propane grill. Stainless steel 5 burner with a side burner. Well I was told to get rid of it last summer. We were supposed to be gone by then. So now the garbage man is enjoying my prize.

Living in my part of cali, it's always windy. October is really the only month where we don't deal with too much wind.

As far as storage goes. My kitchen is empty except for the few basic things. I got rid of a lot of things.

If I bought another propane grill the garbage man will get that one to.
I don't think so. He's had a bad habit of taxing my recycle bin lately.

Munky.

Munky Honey, if that thing is only four months old and having rust issues, I suggest you go all Badger on them. ;) For the $$$ you spent on it, it should have at least a one year warranty. I have a similar Cuisinart Griddler that is over ten years old and still looking new-ish. And YES, I do cook on it! :LOL:

Kayelle's suggestion is good, too. If you want a more charred result, a small propane grill could be an option.

LOL...You know I would but in this case the unit is a few years old.
The original plates lasted almost 2 years. It's the replacement plates that have lost a lot of quality control. Cheap coating.

Munky.

I have never been disappointed by Philips products of any kind, whether they are kitchen toys or grooming products. That said, if you scroll down to the bottom of the Amazon page, you will discover that you can buy the same Philips grill, refurbished, for half the price. That is what I would go with.

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll check it out.
Didn't see that part. I also want to go back and see how long the cords are.
No shorties allowed.:LOL:

Munky.

I've tried those indoor smokeless grills in the past. But I much prefer using the electric griddles.

Was their something about them you didn't like?
Somebody in my house used the breville last night. It's going to disappear today.:angel:

Munky.

Last edited:
Well I must say I have tried many indoor grills over the years. And the Philips Smoke-less Indoor has been the best investment I've made in a long time. LOVE this indoor Grill!!! I use it nearly every day, it is easy to use and clean, to get more precise view into this topic, I have found this: https://www.reviewho.com/philips-smoke-less-indoor-grill-review/ I’ll highly recommend you to visit and read it.

Back
Top Bottom