Chicken drummies...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Otter

Sous Chef
I'm going to make up a batch of chicken drummies for dinner this Friday. I'm thinking of marinating in soy sauce and garlic powder for a change. Would you start marinating night before, morning of, or just a couple of hours prior?

Thanks Rainee, I thought overnight would be too long and was leaning toward something in the 4-6 hour time frame.

Rainee said:
We never let ours go over 8 hours.
marinating overnight is not good? i thought it was better to let it marinate 4 as long as possible!

never tried ours overnight, so not sure what that may do to it.

Your mileage may vary.

I nearly ALWAYS marinate overnight - whatever I'm cooking! Time is a luxury and it really helps to permeate the meat witih the flavours in the marinade :cool:

Throw in a tablespoon of corn starch to the soy sauce and garlic powder ... marinate a couple of hours. I've seen this in several Asian recipes.

Drummies are so small that I'm a bit apprehensive about an overnight. I think I'll try the middle ground time frame first and see how that works.

Last edited:
There is nothing in that marinade that would 'cook' the drummies.......however, I would worry about how salty they would be if you went over 4-6 hours. But experiment, leave 1 or 2 in the marinade overnight and see how salty they would get, then let us know.:huh:

PolishedTopaz said:
There is nothing in that marinade that would 'cook' the drummies.......however, I would worry about how salty they would be if you went over 4-6 hours. But experiment, leave 1 or 2 in the marinade overnight and see how salty they would get, then let us know.:huh:
I know they wouldn't 'cook' but I was concerned about the saltiness. Unfortunately, they only had the smaller bags available when I bought so there won't be any extras for an overnight test run.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom