Top 5 Scary Paellas - The nightmare continues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paellator

Assistant Cook
Although we left Halloween behind, for us Spanish, there is always a reason to be scared when we see the images of paellas all around the world.

I have a post almost ready to talk about the big differences between paellas made in Spain for Spanish and the rest. It doesn’t matter if they are tagged as “authentic”, “traditional”, “real” or “Spanish”, most of the paella recipes you can find in English are bulls... fake. Honestly.

However, in the meantime, today I’m gonna share what it made me scare last Halloween.

scary-paella-1.jpg

scary-paella-2.jpg

scary-paella-7.jpg

scary-paella-4.jpg

pollo_curry.jpg

Paella is not just rice with something else, it is far more than this.

Best

Last edited:
When I adapt an "authentic" recipe, because I prefer different ingredients, I try to make sure I don't use the "authentic" name of the dish. ;)

Ross

It seems inevitable as people move around the world, that recipes hange -- not always for the better.

My family came to the US from Torino, Italy, as did many, many Italians 100 years ago. Now we have two kinds of Italian foods here, original and "Immigrant Italian." I like them both, but they are not exactly the same.

A lot of it happened because of what was abundant in the US vs Italy. I'm guessing the same thing happened to Spanish food, like Paella.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom