What candies are you making for Christmas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Years ago I would make mint melt-a-ways, meringues and peanut brittle. Now I just add M&M's, Hershey kisses and candy canes to my trays.

Here are a couple more candies I just finished Buckeyes (chocolate covered peanut butter balls) and chocolate covered english toffee.

Attachments

• DSC_0050.jpg
    DSC_0050.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC_0049.jpg
    DSC_0049.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
I'll be making some English toffee, with some sesame seeds added. A favorite of mine, but especially for those that I give it to, because none of them make it. There is also some unusual brittle I have a recipe for - I'll have to get that book out, to remember what it was exactly - I only remember the book it was in!

The only candy I have ever made was fudge. I likely won't be making any this holiday season.

When I read the title of this thread I was scratching my head. Why would someone assume that people were making candles for Xmas? :LOL:

Today I'm making some of my "no brainer" fudge, and will give most of it away to the neighbors.

3 cups (18 oz) chips of your choice....(ie, milk choc, dark choc, peanut butter, or whatever)
1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
dash of salt
tsp. of vanilla
Melt all in a pan on low heat, or in the microwave
Stir

Pour into a 8 or 9 in. pan lined with foil for easy removal.
Chill till set, and cut into squares.
Done!! The best fudge ever, guaranteed.

I'm making a small batch of low carb spiced pecans using Swerve.

2 T butter
1/4 cup Swerve brown sugar
1/2-1 t ground cinnamon
1/4 t ground nutmeg
1/4t cayenne pepper, optional
1 T water
1 1/2 cups pecan halves

Melt butter in a microwave-safe casserole or pie plate add all of the other ingredients except the pecans and stir to combine ingredients, microwave on high for 30-60 seconds until the mixture is bubbly. Add pecans and stir to coat, microwave 4-5 minutes on high in 1-minute intervals stirring after each minute, spread on waxed paper or parchment paper to cool, store in a tightly covered container.

The microwaving never seems to be an exact science for me so use your own judgment and reduce or increase cooking time as needed.

Living vicariously through these candy posts! YUM :yum: I haven't made candy for the Christmas season in quite a few years. They all sound wonderful, and thank you all for posting your sweets....!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom