Sausage Bread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually, you can skip most of their annoying nonsense with that video. I like the idea of the recipe though. I would take the sausage out of the casings and brown it in a skillet for sausage crumbles instead of all the prep work they did with it, and I would bake the roll seam side down for a better presentation.

Thanks Kleenex

Actually, you can skip most of their annoying nonsense with that video. I like the idea of the recipe though. I would take the sausage out of the casings and brown it in a skillet for sausage crumbles instead of all the prep work they did with it, and I would bake the roll seam side down for a better presentation.

Thanks Kleenex

That's what I do also.

Annoying video.

I would do it the same as Kayelle and msmofet.

Also, you don't have to fill a little, roll a little and repeat. Just cover the rectangle of dough with cheeses and sausage and roll it up like a jelly roll.

Annoying video.

I would do it the same as Kayelle and msmofet.

Also, you don't have to fill a little, roll a little and repeat. Just cover the rectangle of dough with cheeses and sausage and roll it up like a jelly roll.

Isn't that called stromboli? But it's all good. Make it the way you like it best, then share with the rest of us your tecnique, and recipe.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the Norrh

Chief, a Stromboli isn't usually rolled up like a jelly roll. I'm happy calling it a sausage bread.

I thought Stromboli was rolled up like a jelly roll. I remember seeing it here a number of years ago and making one. If it isn't rolled up like a jelly roll, what is it like?

I thought Stromboli was rolled up like a jelly roll. I remember seeing it here a number of years ago and making one. If it isn't rolled up like a jelly roll, what is it like?

That seems to be popular way of doing it. I've not seem the rolled like that. More of a single fold to seal the edges.

That seems to be popular way of doing it. I've not seem the rolled like that. More of a single fold to seal the edges.

That's how the pizza places around here make them. It's more like a long folded calzone with the meat, veggies, cheese, sauce etc. in the middle.

My sausage bread gets rolled jelly roll style that creates layers.

In my neck of the woods, that's called a pizza pastie. They used to be made at two loctions in town, one of them being a grocery store with a sandwich shpe/deli. It closed. The originator was a place called King's Pizza. It closed and was reopened as Upper Crust Pizza. They are a bt on the pricey side, but their pizza pasties are better than any calzone I've had anywhere. And so, that's why I understood stromboli to be a jelly-rolled pizza. If it's folded once, and the sides pinched to seal it, then I've understood that to be a calzone, or pizza pastie. I have a cousing that states that he worked for King's pizza when he was a teen, and that one day he gook a pizza and flolded it in half and baked it off. The owner, his boss asked him what in the world he was soing. Well, my cousin had purchased the pizza, and just wanted somethiing easy to eat after it was baked. And the pizza pastie was born. It is a huge hit in my home town. Tourists look for three items when they come to the Soo, pizza pasties, West Pier cold cut subs and burgers (sublime), and Clyde's Drive In Big C buger :)ermm:3/5 lb. burger on big bun, with melted Velveeta Cheese all over the top, and all the fixin's. Ok, well I'm going off topic now, so I'm going away now.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom